Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jet Set Willy

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No idea why but thus excellent ZX SPECTRUM game just came into my head. Which led onto Manic Miners and Ant Attack!!!! Any more....

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
Chucky egg was quality. Try as i did i only ever made it to level 18 on manic miner..

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Attic Attack

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There was a brilliant football manager game on the BBC computer - no idea of the name - but I believe [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION] might know or at least remember it. Those machines weighed a ton!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Manic miner was before jet set willy. Still play through it now and again emulated on ds in my mission to one day get all the way through without using a save state.. Don't suppose I'll ever manage it though..

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I remember my friend had a spectrum 48k with rubber keys. I wanted one, but my mum and dad had only just bought me a Commodore Vic20 the year before.

A couple of years later I got a commodore 64. And when I finally started earning my own money, I bought myself a Commodore Amiga.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
'Penetrator' - The poor mans 'Defender' - but you could customise your own landscape.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
I had the ZX + - plastic keys.
Used to love waiting for the game to load, then it would crash because the volume control was slightly off !!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Used to play an old version of football manager, trying to get it to load sometimes took longer than actual playing time though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I showed Match Day to my (FIFA11) obsessed son the other day on YouTube.

He laughed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here