Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What happened to Lingard is a mystery, going from the World Cup to where he is now. Alli too. And Loftus Cheek to a degree. From those heady days of a world cup semi final to where they are now in 2 short years.

Its all about mental strength and the will to win. Look at Vardy & Murray two players who started off at the bottom and fought there way through. Lingard was lauded as the next great but clearly could not live up to the hype , not necessarily his fault either and being on £50k a week at his early age really is not going to help.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Three words - Salford’s James Wilson

I thought he was a decent player with a problem - probably could not take the pressure. 5 goals in 28 games most of which he was a sub so not a terrible return. Always recall the time he scored and stood in front of the Northstand like he really loved it...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lingard was distinctly unmemorably MEH during his time here, sort of made all the impact of a healthier version of James Wilson. Suspect he's found his level at West Ham, spiritual home of the also-rans

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
IMG_2061_2b713fc5-8115-49ed-99ec-fe49946593dd_1800x1800.jpg

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Really good signing for West Ham, would have loved us to have got him.

But of course according to a lot of fans on here he’s not good enough for Brighton but turns out he is for the team currently 5th in the league.

There's a lot of bitterness and resentment about players, I know the majority are vacuous mercenaries, but the vitriolic hate because they're not coming to play for BHA for relative peanuts is quite astounding.

Interesting to note that when players do arrive and play well they're almost univerally loved!

Lingard on a bad day is better than the majority of our players or he wouldn't be at Manure. THats the reality for teams like these.

For >£100k a week he is decidedly bang average and no amount of debate can convince me otherwise. He’ll bench warm for the majority of this season and wouldn’t add anything to our squad.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really chuffed for him. He's been through a tough time – on and off the pitch – so nice to see him playing and scoring :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sometimes you just have to hold your hand up and admit you were wrong, this is one of those times

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sometimes you just have to hold your hand up and admit you were wrong, this is one of those times

Yes, but it’s not as easy as just holding your hand up mate. You also need to do that funny thing with your thumbs and fingers to make the J L sign for jlingz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Still not good enough for Brighton?

Correct. Because who would he replace? Would you prefer him to Trossard or Mac Allister? Never for me. No matter how many times he plays against a goalkeeper determined to make Maty Ryan look imposing, you won't find me believing he's worth getting near our team. I will say he's playing a lot better than I expected him to, but he's giving the ball away as much as I expected and he gives away needless free kicks whenever he's back defending. We'll see how he gets on between now and the end of the season, but he's already done a hell of a lot more than I gave him credit for being capable of.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Correct. Because who would he replace? Would you prefer him to Trossard or Mac Allister? Never for me. No matter how many times he plays against a goalkeeper determined to make Maty Ryan look imposing, you won't find me believing he's worth getting near our team. I will say he's playing a lot better than I expected him to, but he's giving the ball away as much as I expected and he gives away needless free kicks whenever he's back defending. We'll see how he gets on between now and the end of the season, but he's already done a hell of a lot more than I gave him credit for being capable of.

I really like Mac Allister and Trossard but yes, at the moment I would swap Lingard for either of them. They might go on to bigger and better things than him in their career but currently Lingard is a better, more productive and more consistent performer than both of them.

This season alone, Lingard has as many goals - 3 - from just 4 games, as Mac Allister and Trossard have from 32 games between them. And that’s just looking at his goal output, his performances have been really impressive - MOM today.

Some of the stuff that’s been written about Lingard on here over the years is just total nonsense. Lazy assumptions from people who clearly haven’t watched him play much and based their opinion on other factors. He’s a very good Premier League performer as he’s proving when given a proper opportunity. He’ll be back in the England squad soon.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I thought he was very good when he played for us. Was young but I could see the raw talent.

Abrupt end to the loan with an injury as far as I can recall.

Looks like a new player at the Shanmers, good luck to him.

Edit: scored 4 in 17 games with us. Impressive return.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lingard was distinctly unmemorably MEH during his time here, sort of made all the impact of a healthier version of James Wilson. Suspect he's found his level at West Ham, spiritual home of the also-rans

I don’t agree.

Said it at the time. I thought Lingaard was fine, scored some goals, created a few as well.

Wilson was okay too. The illness did for him unfortunately.

I think in our position at the time, we were being used to develop players before they were deemed ‘squad ready’ by Utd. No problem with that, I’m glad we helped Lingaard in his career. We used Leeds, Millwall and Blackburn in the same way last year, with White, Molumby and Walton.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Never warmed to him, don't rate him but hope he does well for himself and proves me wrong, good luck to him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought he was very good when he played for us. Was young but I could see the raw talent.

Abrupt end to the loan with an injury as far as I can recall.

Looks like a new player at the Shanmers, good luck to him.

Edit: scored 4 in 17 games with us. Impressive return.

I agree. Leeds away he had a great game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here