Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jessie Lindgard... is a second loan spell possible

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
An issue is the extent of his wages. It would not surprise me if we spent a decent chunk of the Barnes' transfer fee on paying him right up until the play offs, £20k a week say.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where did he play for U21's?

Just behind the front man. Was involved with everything, don't think he really mis-placed a pass. Was buzzing

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I watched him in the under 21's the other night and he was great. Do you think there is any chance we might get a second bite at this cherry?

I watched that and the commentators, who I thought were fair, did kind of say that he couldn't buy a goal. Whereas you saw the difference in class with Nathan Redmond putting goals away with ease.

He has a good attitude, and like most forwards in global football is far better than Obika for example, but at 21, I can't see him ever being a regular scorer. Shirley that's a critical requirement if chronically low-scoring Albion, with a tight player wages/fees budget under FFP, needs goals in the team?

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
A £7 million pound player! The transfer market for young British players has gone mad! Just because he's on Manchester United's book, he must be worth a few million more.
If Lingard is valued at £7 million, how much is JFC valued at then?? He could easily be valued at around a £2-3million...now's he been capped for England Under 21's.

Don't be daft, jfc is average at best. March on the other hand could be worth that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He's seemed a bit like Marmite as far as NSC posters are concerned, but I think we could do worse....and did last season!

Every player in the top 4 leagues (including all of our team) are a lot like marmite as far as NSC posters are concerned!

Feb 14, 2010
It was his first few months with us. He had skill and scored a few goals (and missed a few chances). If he came back it could be good for him and us as he was OK last season, and I think would be even better if he came back again.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I watched him pre season last year and he was the top scorer for United. With quality around him I think he will score and create chances, so I think he can fight for a chance next year with United as Van Gaal likes promoting youth in his squads. Whether of not Lingard can make it I guess we will have to wait and see, it will be interesting to see how his career goes. He also works hard trying to win the ball back which is always great to see from a forward/attacking mid.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Now that Moyes is coming in, it must be guaranteed shirley?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's a chance & the Albion are obviously hopeful (another loan)... Of course we'd want him back it's a no brainer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here