Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermaine Beckford free agent

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Seems to be alot talking about Leicester cancelling his contract after a fall out with Pearson. A search mostly takes you to other clubs forums so unsure if just a wild rumour.

If true then surely we'll be in for him.

I remember Poyet sympathising with him after his red card last season , bit of an embrace on the touchline.

Good value for 15 goals + a season

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just looked on Leicester forum and no threads on it so looks like just a rumour doing the rounds

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
17 in 73 since playing above div 1 level isn't good.

How many of those were at the top level in a shit Everton side? Did Zamora have a better record in his 1st year at the top?

Beckford is way better than anyone we have at the moment, I'd be very happy if we signed him

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not going anywhere according to his agent today who, roughly paraphrased, seems to be saying the rumour is a load of rubbish :)

Heskey going to join him at Leicester according to reports today. Shame to miss out on him but a Heskey-Beckford frontline pairing will give Leicester one hell of an edge

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
is supposed to have massive attitude problem according to Leicester City friend of mine - on that basis, i'd rather we look elsewhere.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It was a strange move going to Leicester after doing reasonably well for Everton in the Premier League. His wages must be extremely high and as said above seems to have a poor attitude at times. A big NO if he was available.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was a strange move going to Leicester after doing reasonably well for Everton in the Premier League. His wages must be extremely high and as said above seems to have a poor attitude at times. A big NO if he was available.

I think I remember someone from Everton (not David Moyes, presumably Steve (?) Round the assistant manager) saying that he wasn't a player they wanted to lose but they were offered more than they thought he was worth and Leicester had offered him higher wages than they were paying so they sold him. I distinctly remember him laughing about on Sky Sports News, saying it was bizarre.

For me, he falls into the category of good player but with baggage. I have no doubts that Gus would be able to keep him in check, but there's always that nagging feeling that at any given moment he could do something silly and cause you problems. Like lash out at Adam El-Abd and cost your team any reasonable chance of winning the game.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I have heard he is trouble, he might disrupt the class......good player on his day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here