Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento [1/1/24 - Recalled from West Brom loan]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
God forbid one of the best 17 year old footballers in the world being a little cocky....

His agent clearly set the whole vid up. It’s designed to attract other young men to their agency. I don’t think it’s anything to get worked up over.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Potentially a good signing but surprised it’s only a 2 year deal. Effectively just one season to prove himself unless there’s a one year option in our favour as well

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I would expect that there is an option for another year. He's not short of confidence but it's a big step up for him to make. Will be interesting to see how he knuckles down.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
With Cashman gone I guess the U23 needed a new striker. Will be interesting to see how he does.

He's a winger / attacking midfielder apparently.

Made me wonder how Reda Khadra is doing. I know he picked up an injury. He looked really exciting the few times I saw him in the u23s.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well he's been signed for a day, about time we had a saviour or shitehouse poll ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Looks like he's good at carving out an opportunity for someone else to blaze over the bar/miss completely/pass to the keeper.

He'll fit in superbly, onve he's done the 18 months initiation/realignment

He can certainly pick a pass and he knows how to fall over........be interesting to see his progress

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
He's a winger / attacking midfielder apparently.

Made me wonder how Reda Khadra is doing. I know he picked up an injury. He looked really exciting the few times I saw him in the u23s.

I think Khadra will be first team squad or loaned out. I hope it’s the former

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For the U23s? Hs dad won't be happy with that ...................

There's actually a quote from his dad in the Argus today:-

First he will be in Brighton's under-23s but his main goal is to play in the Premier League and from there to get into the Ecuador squad.

so he does understand how things are currently.

Fifth Column

Jul 5, 2021
I've known Jeremy for 10 years. He grew up on a housing estate in south London since the age of 8 so he's not a fancy Dan and well aware of the need to work hard. I'm not qualified enough to judge whether he can make it at the top level in terms of skill - but in terms of attitude, focus and temperament he works very, very hard, is brave on the pitch and has the focus and ambition of Ronaldo. So mentally he will be exactly what you want in a young player. As for skill level at PL level, time will tell. I do remember him scoring a goal direct from a corner at the age of 9 or 10 and then being told it was a fluke and then he did it again in the next match to make a point. He remains a lovely young man with his feet very much on the ground.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wonder why he hasn't been announced on the club website yet (or at least I couldn't find it). All our other comings and goings seem to have got a mention.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here