Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn on Andrew Marr programme

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I like the cut of Tim Fallon's cloth. His speech was superb. Corbyn is like a throwback to Karl Marx and we don't need that in 21st century Britain. I am veering towards the lib dems in 2020 espcially as Baker got his just deserts

Didn't watch Corbyn on Marr then? Prior to that I'd been pretty non-plussed by his mainstream interviews but he came across superbly

I listened to FaRRon's speech to the Lib Dem conference. The man sounds like a Geography teacher desperately pretending to be cool. The Lib Dem conference seemed like some dystopian exercise in collective delusion.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My point with the pics is not to accuse 'hipocrasy' but to note that jaw jaw is better than war war. Alwaya. Jezza was one of the first. And see below....

Heads of state/government having to deal with unpleasant regimes as a matter of political necessity is a little different to 'principled' back bencher's with 0% influence sharing platforms with groups who were at the time killing British civilians and soldiers or who believe killing jews,homosexuals,unbelievers is ok.

Jaw Jaw is only useful or relevant between people who can influence a better outcome .I don't think even Jezza would say his actions made any positive contribution to the NI peace process or improving the Middle East situation.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The ones fighting a class war recently abolished tax credits for the poorest families in the country at the same time as reducing inheritance tax for the richest. It couldn't be any clearer.

Taking more and more of the lowest paid out of income tax and increasing the minimum wage to a level beyond Labours ambition. Great news. And yes, smaller government to give people more of their money back. Good news

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
smaller government, and less services to the needy and vulnerable, to give rich people more of their money back. Awful news

I've corrected you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jaw Jaw is only useful or relevant between people who can influence a better outcome .I don't think even Jezza would say his actions made any positive contribution to the NI peace process or improving the Middle East situation.

I think he wouldsa that, for exactly the same reason he was criticised: people noticed. And perhaps it was easier for the Major government (for it was they) to engage knowing that others (ok, an irrelevant back bencher oppo at the time) were engaging too. Either way, it was the right thing for Jezza to do. And nobody can argue he did it to make himself 'look good'.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
serious question on Labour policy. how exactly does the party (well Benn at least, im not sure if everyone has to join up to policy any more) advocate "safe havens" in Syria, while saying we wont be providing the troops for the security and enforcement of this? i cant say im against the safe haven concept, just the policy seems self-contradicting. or have i miss some details?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be interesting to hear what Putin's mate has to say at his conference speach today :lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The interesting thing about Corbyn and his views on political issues is that they are just that (ie his views). By opening up all issues and policy making to debate he is allowing for the inevitability that his view on any particular issue may not win the day every time and an alternative (eg Trident is the first example of this) pespective may be adopted. This allows for him to be "defeated" any number of times with no real loss of face - although I guess if it happened on everything he himself would reach a tipping point and he would no longer feel able to lead a party who had a series of policies he fundamentally disagreed with. There arent many politicians who would get away with one major policy defeat let alone many. Clever stuff!!

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
The interesting thing about Corbyn and his views on political issues is that they are just that (ie his views). By opening up all issues and policy making to debate he is allowing for the inevitability that his view on any particular issue may not win the day every time and an alternative (eg Trident is the first example of this) pespective may be adopted. This allows for him to be "defeated" any number of times with no real loss of face - although I guess if it happened on everything he himself would reach a tipping point and he would no longer feel able to lead a party who had a series of policies he fundamentally disagreed with. There arent many politicians who would get away with one major policy defeat let alone many. Clever stuff!!

I voted UKIP …. well I'd never vote Tory, wanted to punch the Libs and couldn't vote for Ed. However I thought Nige's dramatic C turn about being leader was laughable, especially after he had said that unlike Nick Clegg and Ed Milliband, he Nige would stick to his word. Now he's having a go at JC for not doing a button up and not singing the National Anthem. I foolishly though UKIP might be above all that nonsense, especially as it's only the English national anthem really. I like JC the first time I heard him and I'll certainly come back and give Labour a chance, even though I suspect they won't win the Gen Election.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Taking more and more of the lowest paid out of income tax and increasing the minimum wage to a level beyond Labours ambition. Great news. And yes, smaller government to give people more of their money back. Good news

Hi George.

Some of the poorest families in the country are left over £1000 less well off as a result of this. Families that are in work and can ill afford it.

I don't have a problem with a graded inheritance tax system that would safeguard people looking to say, give a house to their kids. However Osborne cut it for the wealthiest families in the country as well, which can have no other justification, beyond class war.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here