Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
brighton6.JPG

Simple question for ya.

Great player or best of a bad bunch?

For me he was a great talent and I'll always remember THAT tackle from behind that pretty much ended his Albion career away at Vale as well as hating Horton from taking him away from the club.

He could have been a true legend if he had stayed in my opinion.

50 points for the first person to use the phrase, 'diamond in the rough'.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Read on Teletxt yesterday that he has done his leg in playing for Canvey and is expected to be out for 3 months.

For me he never really lived up to his potential. Perhaps because he was playing for The Albion at the wrong time, although I do remember him scoring a screamer at Bournemouth from near enough the half way line! Or at least I think it was him!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Minton and Hart were the ONLY reason I didn't just give up and stop going to Gillingham. Those saturday and midweek memories of the Priestfield still make me shudder.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
My favourite Albion player for 3 or 4 years. Don't think he would have necessarily fitted into the Mickey Adams team, but certainly had talented that probably appeared greater because of the dross around him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
About the only player who gave me any inclination that we might get to see some quality on a saturday afternoon during the DARK years. Class.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
His good games far outweighed his bad ones

He was playing in a very poor side when he with BHA FC but he is just the type of player we are missing right now......................

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
he was great for us. that does not make him a great player. he was the best of a bad bunch. all the players we had about then were great for us. otherwise we would have been relegated to the conference.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Icy Gull said:
Minton and Hart were the ONLY reason I didn't just give up and stop going to Gillingham. Those saturday and midweek memories of the Priestfield still make me shudder.

No that was Rod Thomas.

Minton could still do a job for us, I reckon - ie programme seller.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Pissed us about something awful every time his contract was up for renewal. Better than the rest at the time and the sort of player who gave you a bit of hope when he had possession (never easily knocked off the ball). What he did, he did well, frustratingly never did it enough though and revelled in the ex-Spurs label (sounds like Piercey).

Nowhere as good as he thought he was though.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The best of a VERY bad bunch. As has been pointed out when he stepped up to our current level he couldn't hack it and went to Orient! If I had to comapre him with anyone it would be David Lee. He did a good job for Southend but couldn't make the grade two divisions higher.

There! Jeff Minton = David Lee! I'm sure no one will argue with that!

*Ducks away quickly*

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
An average player in a piss poor side.

He did well for us at the level that we were playing at the time, but he's never proved himself to be anything better than a reasonable 2nd/3rd division player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here