Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeans and a suit jacket

Worn jeans with a nice jacket can look tops.
Not a 'smoking jacket' type though, it must look 'GQ'.

I favour the crew-neck T or sweater, and with respectable all-white plimsouls, a nice pair of leather shoes, or a tasty pair of boots (coloured suede is uber-cool, snakeskin or cowboy-boots are not!) If you prefer a shirt, you must also wear a belt around the jeans (which should not be too new-looking or else you'll look too deliberate, like it's a style you bought, not one you actually 'own'. (Men should ALWAYS look like they own the style, not have the style own them or be 'trying too hard')

NO to a tie, unless you are under 25 and want to be 'mod' (and then it has to be thin and worn a little loose at the neck). A roll-neck sweater is okay but beware of looking poncey. On the streets, putting the collar of the jacket up is good, but in the pub - not.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
People who wear jeans and a jacket are silly.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Worn jeans with a nice jacket can look tops.
Not a 'smoking jacket' type though, it must look 'GQ'.

I favour the crew-neck T or sweater, and with respectable all-white plimsouls, a nice pair of leather shoes, or a tasty pair of boots (coloured suede is uber-cool, snakeskin or cowboy-boots are not!) If you prefer a shirt, you must also wear a belt around the jeans (which should not be too new-looking or else you'll look too deliberate, like it's a style you bought, not one you actually 'own'. (Men should ALWAYS look like they own the style, not have the style own them or be 'trying too hard')

NO to a tie, unless you are under 25 and want to be 'mod' (and then it has to be thin and worn a little loose at the neck). A roll-neck sweater is okay but beware of looking poncey. On the streets, putting the collar of the jacket up is good, but in the pub - not.

Blimey, listen to Trinny and Susannah, here! :)

You forgot the other thing, NMH. You've got to have the physique for it too. No good if you're broad shouldered or fat and dumpy. If, however, you look like Bryan Ferry or Nick Cave then, yep, it can look cool.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Jeans and suit jacket combo should never be worn by anyone under any circumstances...Unless you are sad bastard then, by all means, do not let me stop you...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So on one side of sartorial elegance, we have Hornblower, DTG, NMH and Jeremy Clarkson .........hhmmmmm :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So on one side of sartorial elegance, we have Hornblower, DTG, NMH and Jeremy Clarkson .........hhmmmmm :D

the only person who I would ask if something doesnt suit is the missis. Otherwise I wear what the f*** the like

Blimey, after PC facists, Apple/PC facists and music facists on here, we now have clothes facists....this board gets better and better every day

:drink::drink::drink:

D

Deleted User X18H

A lot of our Americano bigwigs favor (yankee spelling) that look.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A little black number never fails.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If, however, you look like Bryan Ferry or Nick Cave then, yep, it can look cool.

Saw Nick Cave in Churchill Square in purple CORDS and a puffa jacket once. I'd LOVE to think he was being ironic, tho I know in my heart of hearts he wasn't, seeing as how he had his kids and his missus with him at the time

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think the worst is wearing a suit with trainers - looks bloody silly
Mind you today I saw a bloke wearing a suit and Jesus boots (luckily without socks) and that looked rather dull too

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
It can work. It does depend on the actual garments as well. Clarkson is an awful example.

Also suit jackets must never be worn with printed tees (a boy band faux pas I'm afraid)

For example when travelling to Lebanon last week on business I was mostly wearing Sweeny leather beige shoes, G-star loose fit jeans, plain black tee and Timothy Everest Autograpgh M&S suit jacket and i looked ace if i say so myself.

Also am liking Mr Wild Years' style.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
For me an absolute no no that ranks alongside a short sleeved shirt and tie or sandals and white socks...in fact anything with white socks that doesn't involve playing some sort of sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here