Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jealous Pompey Fans

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't forget this is an unsecured loan as well... very important piece of info!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol:
I just KNEW Edna's fingerprints would be all over this thread, she just cannot resist.
Its the gift that keeps on giving.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
When I went to a Portsmouth University open day years ago the tour guide told us there were plans to rotate the ground 90 degrees vertically (sic). It sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

:jester:

Hopefully they could rotate it a bit, just a little bit more until it falls into the sea with that cheating fraudster Redknapp, that f***ing berk with the bell and all the other smelly rotten chavs in that puke-ridden hell hole.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...at least 100 of which are probably me ranting about Pompey :lolol:

Some proper old Pompey & Oxford names in that video. Alan Knight, Malcolm Shotton, John Aldridge (how slow?!) Billy Hamilton (?), Vince Hilaire, that thug Noel Blake, and Alan Biley, king of the mullets. Brilliant.

snowman1954

Mar 22, 2011
Hey you can't say that about your Premier British Naval Port...and 'arry ain't so bad is he ?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
What goes around, comes around I suppose. We've had our share of utter SHITS in charge of this club. It's been nearly fourteen years since the Goldstone was flattened, and we were not only threatened with home games at Fratton, but eventually ended up at the worst town in the entire south east of England for two years. Followed by eleven years at the worst and least atmospheric stadium in the Football League (apart from the Weston Homes Community Stadium). Even now: I swear to god if I ever see Archer or Bellotti within a mile of the Amex, I will not be responsible for my actions :jester:

So yes, we are lucky now, because of Tony Bloom, but then again it must be our turn.

This. Memories of that pub outside Gillingham station still bring me out in a cold sweat.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Is that the one that seemed to take its design inspiration from a toilet bowl?

PompyStadium2_468x318.jpg

MoH was years ahead of his time with his plans for the stadium floating off Hove seafront.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There was one post on the Portsmouth site that I found interesting - the remark that the Amex is "another stadium in he middle of nowhere." It certainly looks that way from some angles, but I've never thought that. To me, Falmer is part of Brighton, with its own railway station and - thanks to the universities - one of the best bus services in the country. I anticipate massive transport problems on match days (as must anyone who has experienced Falmer at evening rush hour), but it will just mean that fans have to get used to arriving very early and leaving very late (and therefore spending more time eating and drinking at the ground).

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
"I'm with you TRB. I would rather have our illustrious history than piped noise and padded seats."

That's the funniest quote on their forum.

WHAT ILLUSTRIOUS HISTORY!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here