Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jealous Pompey Fans

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wow, I was honestly expecting that thread to be just a load of "Gay" shots but fairs fair - they've got it spot on I reckon

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Cheers Snowman, look forward to your visit next season... ;)

snowman1954

Mar 22, 2011
No you've waited so long for this to happen and your club deserve it more than any considering all the shite you've been through.... I just don't understand why we are still stuck at Fratton and almost every other fair sized club has new facilities except us...booooooo

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No you've waited so long for this to happen and your club deserve it more than any considering all the shite you've been through.... I just don't understand why we are still stuck at Fratton and almost every other fair sized club has new facilities except us...booooooo
It's because you spunked all your money on players earning £100k a week, while your fans turned a blind eye to the accounts all the while your owners were publishing ridiculous plans for an oversized stadium in the sea and you were buying cup finals and a Premiership place.

No sympathy from me. Jog on.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The scheme they came up with to build a new ground by The Hard looked very far-fetched.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have to say, I have some sympathy for this comment,

"I'm far from jealous. I must be an old fart cos I couldn't give a flying one about 'facilities' when I go to the football."

But then we all know football is now all about being a customer, rather than just someone who turns up, pays his money, shouts a bit then goes home.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
therealblues Posted on 22/03/2011 15:10
Brighton's new ground

I'm far from jealous. I must be an old fart cos I couldn't give a flying one about 'facilities' when I go to the football.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It's because we are in the South of England, where you have to jump through a million hoops to build so much as a wendy house. In the Midlands and the North, there are acres upon acres of desolate former industrial wastelands crying out to be built on.

That said, last time I was in Pompey, there looked to be plenty of decrepit old sites in dire need of redevelopment, so I'm not sure what you've done wrong there. Oh wait, it's the geese, isn't it? :wink:

snowman1954

Mar 22, 2011
Do you reckon you'll sell out ? You always used to get good crowds at the Goldstone so I wouldn't be surprised ..can't wait to visit next season

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For all the complimentary comments one reads about Falmer I`m also struck by the negative talk about its uninspiring design and look. I`m really not sure what architects are supposed to be looking at and at what areas where they can make it much better. I mean its got to have a one piece structural roof now as opposed to 4 seperate stands which just would not make any sense in this day and age.
We have 4 definate sides as opposed to a bowl structure and so many other features internally which would make even the Premier boys a little jealous.
If I had one critisism I suppose it would be that I would have liked to have seen a bigger 'end' for us but then that would have been to he detriment of one of the sides.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The scheme they came up with to build a new ground by The Hard looked very far-fetched.

Is that the one that seemed to take its design inspiration from a toilet bowl?

PompyStadium2_468x318.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do you reckon you'll sell out ? You always used to get good crowds at the Goldstone so I wouldn't be surprised ..can't wait to visit next season
All of next season, no question about it. We've sold 14,000 season tix so far, and they have only just gone on general sale.

The club is aiming to put aside 2,500 tix for away fans, 900 for general sale and the rest will be sold as season tix. They fully expect to reach that target I think.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

We're well on the way. About 13,000 season tickets already sold (they're capping it at 15,500), all the corporates sold out. We're well on course to sell out of season tickets soon, just leaving a few thousand for general purchase. Its going to be packed to the RAFTERS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here