Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jcl test

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
f***ing sure it does!

So did I, bloody nil nil draw too...don't get to many away games now (Boo ! JCL) but have missed one home game since the last season at the Goldstone (Oldham at Withdean when we won 3-0) all games at Gillingham and have been and intend to go to every game at the Amex,however,it does not make me a better fan than anyone else,it's probably due to being retired and plenty of time on my hands...more fans the merrier.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Irrespective of age when did you follow Albion?

When they got to Div 1, stopped supporting them when relegated.

Did you slag off/rubbish Brighton when we were playing at the Goldstone and never went to matches during the mid 1990's-yet now go to the Amex and claim life long supporter ship?

I never went to a match after relegation from Div 1 until the Amex

Did you first go this season or last?

Just this and if they don't go up I won't go again, I don't like Championship football, it isn't on Sky enough.

Are you only interested if Brighton get to the premier league?

Yes.

Did you join NSC just because the Albion were doing well?

Yes.

Please, please, please NSC halfwits...

D

Deleted User X18H

I was at a reserve game in 1983 when Albion beat Norwich 7-1 at the Goldstone.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
F--k off twats , joined October 2011 only because i moved to Czeh Republic , i supported Abion since 1967 , been to all the important games , and season ticket holder for all time at Withdean , played football while at Gillingham but went to all the mid week games , my Grandad got married on a Saturday then went to watch the Albion then went home to the party after ! And i am 1901 now and enjoying it , been to 18 games this season , and coming back for Boro on Saturday . So i appreciate all you great fans that travel home and away , it's the knobs on here that think they are better than anyone else . Just support the club then we won't have so much problems on here !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Irrespective of age when did you follow Albion?

When they got to Div 1, stopped supporting them when relegated.

Did you slag off/rubbish Brighton when we were playing at the Goldstone and never went to matches during the mid 1990's-yet now go to the Amex and claim life long supporter ship?

I never went to a match after relegation from Div 1 until the Amex

Did you first go this season or last?

Just this and if they don't go up I won't go again, I don't like Championship football, it isn't on Sky enough.

Are you only interested if Brighton get to the premier league?

Yes.

Did you join NSC just because the Albion were doing well?

Yes.

Please, please, please NSC halfwits...

PS: How come all the away teams at the Amex play in Blue and white stripes and we play in lots of different colours? I don't get it. Ah well off to eat a prawn sandwich.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Wowzers, there's a lot of angst on here today about what makes a true fan.
For my part, my 1st game was a home game at the goldstone vs palace in 84.
Went home and away in my late teens/early twenties.
Saw many games at the Prestfield, not so many at the withdean and even less at the Amex (unfortunately)
Joined N.S.C in 99, someone else nicked my user name (saafend seagull) so I then changed to Rowley. And have only been viewing the board for years until I joined up again December 2010.
There, are you happy now Gold for Falmer? Take your pound of flesh and do with it what you will ;-)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Division 2 I think when I started listening , Division 3 when I started going ,Nope,Nope,Nope and Nope :)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Started going in '67 with my old man, when Howard Wilkinson was our flying left winger. We weren't the Seagulls then. Our official nickname was The Shrimps (FFS).
Went to nearly all the home games till '77 when I moved to The Midlands. After that used to go to occasional home games and "local" away games such as Forest (the 1-0 win in '79), Cov, Leicester, Derby, Villa etc. plus the Newcastle promotion game in 79.
Didnt go to the 83 final but went to the 4th round (Man City), 6th round (Norwich), Semi and Final replay.
Never went to Withdean and I've never been to The Amex as I live in Johannesburg but I'm coming back in August for a couple of weeks and I'd love to go.
A real JCL on the board 'cos I never knew it existed until I stumbled across it doing a google search for Mike Bamber a few months ago.

On the topic of Mike Bamber, I've been saying it for 30 years and I'll keep on saying it; they should replace the Clock Tower at the top of North Street with a statue of Mike Bamber. He was wonderful for The Albion and he should be properly celebrated.

I'll always follow The Albion and it's great to see some of their games on SuperSports over here in South Africa, even the Liverpool game. If they go up this year it will be fantastic but if they don't it-ll be just like '78, only one more year to wait.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If it helps I'm a 2004 playoff final JCL

Was only 11 to be fair :moo:

Joined nsc after reading since Gus joined (news breaks first here)

Almost exactly the same! I supported United until the 30th May 2004, since that day I've supported the Albion! I was only 10 at the time though, so I'm sure my sins can be forgiven.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I never used to scour internet forums to express my opinion hence not been on here long, always read, never post. didnt attend '83 cup final, does that make me not a supporter? Doesnt help that I wasnt born? I was born in this fair city so thats who I support. Do remember being monumentally soaked at the second leg of the 2004 play off v Swindon! Wettest maybe I have ever been? Made it worth it to give Dick a big smacker on the cheek when he was trying to get us all off the pitch!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Almost exactly the same! I supported United until the 30th May 2004, since that day I've supported the Albion! I was only 10 at the time though, so I'm sure my sins can be forgiven.

:thumbsup:

i was more interested in rugby before that game, my dad took me with his friends to cardiff and its been albion ever since

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here