[yt]8hoDnAOOsi4[/yt]

Silver Bullet:

[yt]1s_iQ8BTVGE[/yt]

Tribe Called Quest

[yt]kpPkGZ6zhzA[/yt]

Overlord X

[yt]Z3IY5p2H30I[/yt]

Each And Everyone Of Them A Legend

I think you mean "Each and every one of them shit" actually !!!
Whilst respecting that everyone likes different music and not everybody's tastes are the same this stuff just leaves me cold. Unfortunately every child these days seems to want to talk like they're just up from some shanty town - listen to any group of kids and you could close your eyes and think you were in Kingston (Jamaica that is not Surrey). WHY, when this country has a perfectly good culture of it's own, do kids want to import some idea of being something else. Even to the extent of playing with knives and guns and killing themselves. You can lay the blame for 99% if not more of this gang culture on rap (I'm sure that has a letter missing at the beginning).
To my ears utter garbage and the reason why Glastonbury won't sell out is not particularly the fact that thingy is there but it's the baggage that he brings with him - big time trouble

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Whilst respecting that everyone likes different music and not everybody's tastes are the same this stuff just leaves me cold. Unfortunately every child these days seems to want to talk like they're just up from some shanty town - listen to any group of kids and you could close your eyes and think you were in Kingston (Jamaica that is not Surrey). WHY, when this country has a perfectly good culture of it's own, do kids want to import some idea of being something else. Even to the extent of playing with knives and guns and killing themselves. You can lay the blame for 99% if not more of this gang culture on rap (I'm sure that has a letter missing at the beginning).
To my ears utter garbage and the reason why Glastonbury won't sell out is not particularly the fact that thingy is there but it's the baggage that he brings with him - big time trouble

Hey! I'm a 'kid' and not a lot of people from where i live play up to that stereotype, a lot of people i know listen to 70's 80's music, bowie, joy division and even a little further back the who. However i also do like a bit of rap, dr.dre, bone thugs etc and im not in no gang and i dont talk like im from Kingston.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hey! I'm a 'kid' and not a lot of people from where i live play up to that stereotype, a lot of people i know listen to 70's 80's music, bowie, joy division and even a little further back the who. However i also do like a bit of rap, dr.dre, bone thugs etc and im not in no gang and i dont talk like im from Kingston.

Fair enough - if I have offended you I apologise BUT all or most of the kids from where I live and where I travel (Surrey through Sarf London) seem to speak like this and I honestly do not know why they have to adopt this ridiculous cod Jamaican accent - even the Jamaicans I know are at a loss to understand why anyone wants to act like they're from shanty town. Perhaps it's the chavvier end of the market with the bling stuff - I dunno.
Glad to see that decent music still has the power to attract new listeners - whilst their newer stuff may be a bit ropy the 'Oo are still one of the best bands in this or any other world !

Last edited:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Oasis are headlining Notting-Hill Carnival this year.

Should be a sell out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
can't say fairer than that :thumbsup:

I had a friend who had trouble pronouncing his f's and th's..he couldnt say fairer than that then.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

More utter bollocks.

Concentrating on your musical point, erm, so Britain invented Rock and Roll did it? Bands like erm, let's say the Beatles weren't influenced by black culture from over the pond in any shape or form where they? They didn't wear their hair differently or use different words than those of their parent's generation did they?

Sake. Most people who damn modern music, and hold up previous generation's work as the pinacle would probably have hated that music if they'd had the attitude they have nowadays at that time. They would have hated the electric guitar when it came along, slagged off Elvis, raged against the piano.

Oh yeah, and young British men have never dabbled in violence before have they?:shootself

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
well to be fair most teenagers are mugs and do base their life style upon music - that i know of. Much like music has always influenced trends, hip-hop is doing the same. I don't disagree that rap is a factor that has caused teenagers to be more violent, as it has evoked that gang mentality structure, for instance the ol' Tupac Biggy smalls debacle. I also think fashion that derives from the music is an influence as people tend to judge on appearance and i know people who beat other people up if they think they are 'harder' by the way they dress.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I don't disagree that rap is a factor that has caused teenagers to be more violent, as it has evoked that gang mentality structure, for instance the ol' Tupac Biggy smalls debacle. I also think fashion that derives from the music is an influence as people tend to judge on appearance and i know people who beat other people up if they think they are 'harder' by the way they dress.

Yes, gangs. It's a shame we can't go back to the good old days of Teen fashions. Groups, not gangs, completely different, of hmmm, say, Mods or Rockers even. Skins perhaps?

Clearly not gangs, clearly not violent, clearly unifluenced by the music they listen to.....

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Yes, gangs. It's a shame we can't go back to the good old days of Teen fashions. Groups, not gangs, completely different, of hmmm, say, Mods or Rockers even. Skins perhaps?

Clearly not gangs, clearly not violent, clearly unifluenced by the music they listen to.....

:D DJ Kool Herc has a lot to answer to eh?! In the USA for example the two most notorious gangs the Bloods and Crips were not formed until the late 60's/early 70's and they were murdering people well before Hip-Hop started.

Very convenient to blame rap music for the wrongs of the world!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Ahhh... its pretty easy for people to criticise something they don't really understand.

I love this age old argument.

Go to any hip-hop jam around the country, then walk down West St on a Friday night. See where the most violence is.

If violent music is to blame, shouldn't we blame violent films as well? Scarface is pretty popular, The Godfather? Oh, and what about computer games?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
:D DJ Kool Herc has a lot to answer to eh?! In the USA for example the two most notorious gangs the Bloods and Crips were not formed until the late 60's/early 70's and they were murdering people well before Hip-Hop started.

Very convenient to blame rap music for the wrongs of the world!

Indeed they were. Talking of Bloods and Crips, you can't beat ICE T's 'Colours', fella. TOP track :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here