Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Shackell

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
Apparently we've put a £1.2 mil bid in for Shackell only for it to be rejected. Sorry if fixtures, couldn't find it anywhere else...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A centre half? Curious...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Derby. Has been captain recently.

£1.5 million seems a bit steep. Why not go in at £75k, that appears to be the going rate for a Championship club's captain.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
CB ? is someone else on their way ?

1.2 turned down ? appears reasonable bid if true.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Derby County. Strange as £1.2m was the supposed bid by Burnely that was reportedly rejected. Has the OP got Burnley mixed up somehow?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Never heard of him, who does he play for?

Derby, didnt he get a goal against us, I might be wrong but just stuck in my head as he is a defender

Edit: by the time I typed this reply it fixtures as everyone else answered

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Derby County. Strange as £1.2m was the supposed bid by Burnely that was reportedly rejected. Has the OP got Burnley mixed up somehow?

That's possible.

But it's also possible that, for instance, Burnley were offering £1.2m over 4 years, and we were offering it over two years, or their 1.2m was 1,175,000 and ours was 1,225,000. Or that their offer was declined because the player didn't want to talk to them, or the player has a 1.2m get out clause that only applies to teams in the top half of the table or something. Could have been that Brighton and Burnley independently thought he was worth 1.2m both put the same bid in unaware of the other.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
You are of course correct. Be interested to see the source, as if true it makes you wonder who Gus is thinking of replacing. Maybe more to the Greer story than meets the eye.

That's possible.

But it's also possible that, for instance, Burnley were offering £1.2m over 4 years, and we were offering it over two years, or their 1.2m was 1,175,000 and ours was 1,225,000. Or that their offer was declined because the player didn't want to talk to them, or the player has a 1.2m get out clause that only applies to teams in the top half of the table or something. Could have been that Brighton and Burnley independently thought he was worth 1.2m both put the same bid in unaware of the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here