Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jarrett - today

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Tamuff v Stevenage Boro. Started on the bench & Boro played without a recognised winger for the first 45mins, with John Brady suspended [10 yc's] & injury to George Boyd ["friendly" against Reading 2 weeks ago]. The first 45mins contained little excitment for either set of fans & the referee possibly miffed at a lack of Easter eggs flourished his yellow card to all and sundry, to the amusement & bewiderment of those who had not already fallen asleep. Right at the start of the second half Boro withdrew their most dangerous player [it's called tactics] & introduced Jarrett to play wide left in an attacking role. Sadly a dry bumpy pitch did nothing for his [or anone elses] ball control & two half decent runs he had at the Tamworth defence found him easily disposed on the edge of the area. He needs to improve his body strength to withstand the sort of challenges made by defenders. Boro bought on John Nurse [freshley returned from a loan spell at Lewes] at 75mins., but in all honesty he looked so out of touch. May the day, may be the occasion but whatever not pretty football to watch.

Tamworth 0 Stevenage Boro 0.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
So we have loaned him out to a team where he is not getting into the team.

Great move.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Do we have a 24 hour call-back clause in case anyone else becomes injured? He might be playing back in Brighton sooner than anyone expects at the current rate we're losing players!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
fatboy said:
So we have loaned him out to a team where he is not getting into the team.

Great move.

To be honest he does not look as good as some of our young fringe players.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
That really surprises me. I've seen him play regularly for Brighton reserves and he looks like one hell of a player - and i'm very suprised he is not in our first team. The only match in which he did not have a great game was against Crawley. ???

Maybe it's just me. :jester:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
As i said on a similar thread the other day,he's probably CRAP which is why he cant get in their team.And more to the point why McGhee doesnt play him in ours.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Not wishing to harp on, but on our web site his performance today is described by one as "woeful"

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
He doesn't even get into our reserve team that much!

Has he changed at all? Whenever I see him play he runs around a bit and has no end product.

Obviously no manager would guarantee him first team football but we could have sent him somewhere where he was likely to play.

At this rate Dean Cox, who was man of the match today for Burgess Hill (where he is on work experience from us) will get into our first team before Jarrett.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Bloody sub all the time,for fucks sake what a waste,whats the point in it:angry: The man needs full 90 mins to whip into gear.:drink:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and pre season he looked superb :(

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yeah but look at what sh-ite we play in pre-season every year???
I feel jarrett was getting better oposition in the reserves surely:glare:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
mona said:
Two years ago Pethick had a good pre-season. So....

The only time that Jarrett hasn't been out of his depth was his sub appearance at Watford.
true

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Played pretty well after coming off the bench at Watford and Crewe (where if i remember rightly he got a goal), and looked great in preseason. I can't see how he could have lost so much promise, but I've not been following the reserves at all...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Are Stevenage allowed to ask for him to be taken back? If so, perhaps that's best all round as it seems he's not suited there.

I don't think he's that bad a player, but he needs confidence. I thought that was what he went there for, but obviously they don't need him. He should return if at all possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here