Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jarrett Earns Reserve Draw and Molango gets injured

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Jarrett Earns Reserve Draw

By Tim Dudding

An Albert Jarrett equaliser ensured a 1-1 draw for Albion's reserves at Luton Town this afternoon in the Pontins Holiday League.

The young midfielder struck with ten minutes remaining - cutting in from the left flank to fire the ball past Hatters keeper Rob Beckwith - ruling out Peter Holmes's earlier penalty for the home side.

The Hatters were awarded the spot kick after Ben Roberts was adjudged to have fouled Calvin Andrew on the edge of the penalty area, to the amazement of Albion reserve team coach Dean White, who felt the challenge was clearly outside the box.

White told seagulls.co.uk, "The referee gave an absolutely diabolical penalty decision. I've never seen anything like it in my life, and even their bench were laughing!"

However, White was pleased with the general performance from his relatively young side.

"We played some really good stuff in patches, we were a young side and everyone worked really hard. It was a good experience for them all and I was pleased overall."

Striker Maheta Molango was substituted early in the first half after picking up a knock on his leg, but it is too early to tell the extent of any damage.

Albion: Roberts, P Watson, Jarrett, Breach, G Elphick, Budd, Beck, Piper, Molango (Gatting 15), Robinson, B Watson (Rents 70). Subs not used: Carey, C May.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Whats happening with Mcphee,
Binary - we have Knight and Robinson fit so we have two fit (although would not play these to together)
As for striker on Saturday, maybe Hart or recall someone who is on Work Experience to one of the non-league clubs

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
binary said:
Down to one fit striker now then!:shootself

What do you mean down? He wasn't fit for a place on the bench on Saturday so we've hardly lost anything have we?

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Cereal Killer said:
Didn't we once play Kuipers upfront and Hart in goal in a friendly match a few years back in the days of MA or PT and Hart saved a penalty, or was I just dreaming that.

Yeah, against Crowborough in August 2000 - I think the final score was something like 7-5 to The Albion ???

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Eddie the Seagull said:
Yeah, against Crowborough in August 2000 - I think the final score was something like 7-5 to The Albion ???

indeed, and Kuipers couldn't hit a barn door. Quality game thats was.

As far as the current situation goes, then stick Jarrett up front. He's quick and tricky and seems to know where the goal is.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We're probably down to a choice between Robinson or Jarrett to partner Leon... oh dear, hardly complementary pairings are they?... get a target-man loan in NOW...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here