Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Japan pre season

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Passed me by, but no Dahoud in the travelling squad (unless I’ve gone word blind). Must have a move lined up otherwise surely he goes on tour even if just to make up the numbers?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Passed me by, but no Dahoud in the travelling squad (unless I’ve gone word blind). Must have a move lined up otherwise surely he goes on tour even if just to make up the numbers?
Correct. He was definitely in Lancing / training videos last week so he's a) either injured b) not in our plans.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The delivery might be but I liked the bit about being positive and being a good team mate.

Sometimes you see players on the pitch moaning at each other and having a go after making a mistake, which I always thought was a bit stupid and would make it worse, especially if it’s one of the younger players.

I remember Milner, Gross and Welbeck moaning at folk last year, so I hope Milner at least was paying attention.
Players moaning at team mates happens at all levels, if I put in a ball in just behind the forward when I used to play he would moan the coach would moan nothing to see there at all. You hold your hand up and get on with the game.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yep, it's reasonable in the UK, I think the two matches kick-off at 11am and 10:30am.

Not so much for me - 3am and 2:30am. I'm hoping they will be on a TV channel so I can record them (or if they are streamed, there is a way to watch them after the event).
Slightly OT but are there kangaroos (or some equivalent) in Arizona and do they come out at night, like deer?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Make up the numbers? There's over 30 players that have travelled!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The delivery might be but I liked the bit about being positive and being a good team mate.

Sometimes you see players on the pitch moaning at each other and having a go after making a mistake, which I always thought was a bit stupid and would make it worse, especially if it’s one of the younger players.

I remember Milner, Gross and Welbeck moaning at folk last year, so I hope Milner at least was paying attention.
Nothing wrong on calling someone out if they make a mistake, , that’s how players learn , and don’t make the same mistake twice

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Just me or is this a bit Brentish?

Would love to know what was going through Milner’s head😂

I think he has been on to many management courses. Surely dont need to be telling people to be positive and nice to colleagues as assume this is case until see otherwise.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think he has been on to many management courses. Surely dont need to be telling people to be positive and nice to colleagues as assume this is case until see otherwise.
Or noted how miserable everyone was towards the end of last season.
If his tactics work and we do a St Pauli I’m sure we won’t be complaining 😏

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes, and don’t we live in a world where our “emotional intelligence”, yes that!, should tell us how different people like to be treated, and in some cases and circumstances people respond positively to a good bollock***. Honesty is better than nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here