Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January Transfer Window

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
A good return I agree but what if one or both of our precious strikers gets injured? We'd really be up the creek without a paddle then.

I've seen Maupay come behind than bissouma/alzate to collect possession, he's pretty deep lying. I think Mac Allister or Trossard are more than capable of covering this role.

I agree it would leave us a little thin but I'm not sure it's a gap wish spending £2 to fill with a risk they could be awful.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nobody is wetting themselves. It's called having a debate and voicing concerns on a forum.. Using that turn of phase makes you bit of a bellend.

These look a bit dramatic to me... + a thread with a poll of 13 people that think we are relegation fodder already..... So yes people are wetting themselves, you 'bellend'

The club doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to strengthening our attacking options. .

Bloody disgraceful our transfer window when you look at other teams like villa

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Happy we have pace in our side and skill which has been lacking in places, we are not going to bust the bank in this league , we need to build slowly and surely.
I can honestly say TB is doing great - turned us into a bigger club than weve ever been before, I trust Potter - this Season at least.
I don't see us going down- this year

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
These look a bit dramatic to me... + a thread with a poll of 13 people that think we are relegation fodder already..... So yes people are wetting themselves, you 'bellend'

I voted yes in that thread. I think we will be in and around the bottom all season and have concerns over depth in forward areas, an injury to Maupay is a massive concern in my mind. Your don't agree, but to say everyone with those concerns is 'wetting themselves' is unnecessary, although I would also say so is bellend. We have differing opinions that is all, no more no less.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, and I’m not selling it as a negative, I’m looking at the bigger picture eg if Maupay gets injured do we have anybody that can adequately fill his role.

Got you. I suppose we have to hope Connolly takes that role with Trossard coming into Connolly’s role, Lallana stepping into Leo’s. Not sure anyone would argue another striker would be great, but seems we are where we are, not perfect, but not desperate either I don’t think.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I voted yes in that thread. I think we will be in and around the bottom all season and have concerns over depth in forward areas, an injury to Maupay is a massive concern in my mind. Your don't agree, but to say everyone with those concerns is 'wetting themselves' is unnecessary, although I would also say so is bellend. We have differing opinions that is all, no more no less.

No-one was saying we were relegation fodder after the Newcastle game. Hell even now, we've lost to Man Utd & Chelsea, and Everton (the only unbeaten side in the league)

Our problems have not been scoring, they have been defensively. None of these things point to desperate need of a £20M striker, when we already have 1 in Maupay.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
No-one was saying we were relegation fodder after the Newcastle game. Hell even now, we've lost to Man Utd & Chelsea, and Everton (the only unbeaten side in the league)

Our problems have not been scoring, they have been defensively. None of these things point to desperate need of a £20M striker, when we already have 1 in Maupay.

Absolutely right. We've already got one decent striker. I can't think of a single scenario when we might possibly need another one. Bunch of bloody bedwetters. :shootself

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolutely right. We've already got a decent striker. I can't think of a scenario when we might possibly need another one. Bunch of bloody bedwetters. :shootself

Does Zequiri not count?

Like I say, if Tony Bloom is cool with it - so am I. It’s his investment that is at risk, not mine

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I'd say £30m at least now. Anyway, no one knows if Zequiri is any good yet.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why is everyone running around wetting themselves? If Tony Bloom is content not to bring in a striker of the standard / quality they want then so be it.

If we get relegated, I'd be disappointed but not overly upset. It is Tony Bloom that will start missing out on the PL TV money once we end up on parachute payments, with a big squad of PL earners.

Tony Bloom has more to lose than any of us.
Grow up.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Historically we have said we don't like the transfer window and generally don't buy anyone significant.

However I wonder if part of our strategy is to wait until then. By then we may have a clearer idea of where football and finances sit, we may start to see crowds coming back and equally some clubs may be struggling even more financially.

We know Tony doesn't like to overpay for anyone and it might be a better time to buy a striker then?

As we are clearly not going to buy a striker today lets look ahead to January :)

Cant see it.. Always a terrible window for Us. PB already has all of his excuses lined up and more I would imagine. We look like we are doing this season on the cheap and goodness only knows how that will turn out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cant see it.. Always a terrible window for Us. PB already has all of his excuses lined up and more I would imagine. We look like we are doing this season on the cheap and goodness only knows how that will turn out.

Yeah like the "worst recession since 1929" excuse... a pretty good one if you ask me but I a lot of people disagree.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

One more time:

Ulloa/Kayal/Knockaert/Lamptey all signed in January.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hows Paul Barber dragged into this? Surely it is Dan Ashworth? Or if finance related - Tony Bloom

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We might say we don't like it but we've bought Ulloa, Knockaert, Locadia, Mac Allister, Mooy and Lamptey all in January, I would say they've all been significant signings one way or another. If the right player is available for the right money, and they're the key points, then we will of course be prepared to buy then.

Cant see it.. Always a terrible window for Us.

Hmm, see above.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One more time:

Ulloa/Kayal/Knockaert/Lamptey all signed in January.

Bumped into Kayal at Middle Road football pitches on Sunday morning watching his youngster play I think in either an U6 or U7 game. I'm not sure how this is relevant to the discussion, but nice he's settled in the area.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm not bed wetting but I am concerned. We have released several players and replaced with a few, the squad seems very short on experience at this level. It's great investing into youth however with the exception of Dunk, Lallana and Ryan we are scratching round for leaders which I think is what we saw on Saturday vastly improving with the introduction of Lallana.
We can't expect to have a bit of a clear out without filling in the gaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here