Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January Blues - Oslo vs Stockholm

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Spent a week nr Trondheim in August - VERY expensive. Stockholm should definitely be quite a bit cheaper than Oslo, and much more to do, in my brief experiences of both cities.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Another vote for Stockholm. Oslo full of investment bankers trying to convince people to invest in oil companies - most of whom make double glazing salesman look like pussycats.

Oh and for some reason I've never been able to fathom, the airport is about 50km from the city - despite there being only trees between them!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
out here seeing the wifes family atm. Sussex born and bred, although we are moving out here next year :D

How weird, my wife goes on Friday to visit her family.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I live in a place called Oland in Sweden, absolutely beautiful here :) (in England right now). Out of Stockholm and Oslo I like Oslo the best. It is just a lovely place, the buildings are gorgeous and it seems to have a 'small town' feel to it (something I adore). Stockholm is nice, spent a lot of time there as I need to stop off there before I ever go to the south of Sweden (where I live). It has a very active nightlife, particularly around the bus station, and it isn't that expensive. Hotels are in abundance as well. I presume you are going to be travelling via RyanAir, and for that reason I suggest.....Stockholm, the airport is still a fair way away, but the travel time is shorter (if I remember correctly) and hotels are a tad cheaper.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
never been to oslo, but been to stockholm 5 or 6 times. brilliant city. plenty of bars, restaurants, clubs, shops, museums, and galleries... really interesting city. make sure you have a drink at a club called Debaser.

Oct 25, 2003
Been 2 all 3 Scandinavian countries, but i can honestly say Finland is the best of the bunch, Lakeland in particular.

There's only three???

Last count there are more than 3. Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Iceland. You could also chuck in the Faroe Islands as well if you wanted, though they are technically owned by the Danes.

back on topic Stockholm would get my vote, just.

Scandinavia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Another vote for Stockholm. Oslo full of investment bankers trying to convince people to invest in oil companies - most of whom make double glazing salesman look like pussycats.

Oh and for some reason I've never been able to fathom, the airport is about 50km from the city - despite there being only trees between them!

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Good tip for flying to Stockholm.From Gatwick use Norwegian Airways . It goes to Arlanda the main airport for Stockholm also it provides plenty of legroom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here