Janet Street-Porter

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Worth a Mot

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Tell you something though. She's not the type to go on Twitter and complain that you're all being meanies.

I like her self-confidence. Not many men can deal with a woman who is that self-assured.

At what point does self-confidence become arrogance and intolerance, which seemed to me to be what she was up to last night. If people shout loud enough and often enough and confidently enough, others might stop arguing, however much twaddle is being spouted.

And I quite like wind farms - I think they bring an eerie majesty to the countryside.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
There is a new turbine at Glyndebourne which the Ringmer NIMBY's have got up in arms about, most of which can't see it from their homes, or will be dead within the next 10-15 yearrs. I can see it direct from my bedroom window, and I have to say I think its authestically rather pleasing....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely we should be looking to harness the huge amount of energy spent squealing and screeching whenever a micro celeb appears on Loose Women ?

As an aside, as she is so concerned about natural beauty I suppose she has no mirrors in her house ?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Bollox to wind turbines.
What we need is nuclear power.

This. We cannot generate enough power from wind turbines alone as they only work between certain wind speeds. We are not on an earthquake prone country therefore we can utilise nuclear a lot safer than many other countries.

Until wave and tide is properly harnessed nuclear is the only sensible option.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This. We cannot generate enough power from wind turbines alone as they only work between certain wind speeds. We are not on an earthquake prone country therefore we can utilise nuclear a lot safer than many other countries.

If we were on an earthquake prone country I'd hope we jump off pretty quick

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAAPWLHL.jpg

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Tell you something though. She's not the type to go on Twitter and complain that you're all being meanies.

I like her self-confidence. Not many men can deal with a woman who is that self-assured.

Dead right - a clever, successful, opinionated woman who frightens to death these intellectual pygmies who dare to criticise her for her looks!

I thinks she's fab!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

You do not know what you are talking about,wind turbines are currently turned off for 60% of every day ,why? because they are already generating too much power for the current grid to handle.Our stupid governments need to work out a way of storing the power produced by wind turbines, but for some reason known only to them they are not.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
She's worried about the view and not the long term outlook for the planet. She's 65 and will be shufflling off her mortal coil long before climate change seriously affects the way we live and as she has no kids she couldn't give a flying f*** about the future. Just so long as she can carrying on rambling along the coastline and admiring her idea of what is beauty!

I can't stand the woman but on this subject she's correct. Wind-turbines are ugly, inefficient and massively expensive. We should be investing in a new generation of nuclear power stations, now.
Opposing wind-farms isn't about NIMBYISM, I'd be against them being in anyone's backyard. In a few years time people will wonder how so much money could have been squandered for so little benefit.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
You do not know what you are talking about,wind turbines are currently turned off for 60% of every day ,why? because they are already generating too much power for the current grid to handle.Our stupid governments need to work out a way of storing the power produced by wind turbines, but for some reason known only to them they are not.

:lolol:

gif-pict-cuckoo-1.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here