Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul Van Hecke

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Van Hecke got minutes yesterday, and that’s with the other 4 centre backs fit. A couple of injuries/suspensions at the back and he’ll be playing every game. He should absolutely not go out on loan, unless of course, there is a ‘here we go’ centre back heading for the Amex in the next 4 days.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Van Hecke goes and we bring nobody in that leaves us with 4 senior centre backs. Certainly not enough over a season for a team that plays 3 at the back. Surely we wont be that silly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With the WC break that MIGHT be a risk we’d take to give him game time
This is a good point. I think there are only about 14 games for us until the next window, and we have four other fit centre backs. I think the whole situation will be managed carefully as it was for Ben White, and that no conclusions will be drawn based on him getting half a season at a big championship club.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Van Hecke got minutes yesterday, and that’s with the other 4 centre backs fit. A couple of injuries/suspensions at the back and he’ll be playing every game. He should absolutely not go out on loan, unless of course, there is a ‘here we go’ centre back heading for the Amex in the next 4 days.

This is exactly as I see it... maybe the Hungarian lad?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I suspect we’ll want him to sign a new deal or trigger a year (if we can) before doing so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here