Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Smith

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Bearing in mind our current winger problems, Unless he is injured, I'm surprised Jamie Smith hasn't been given a try or at least make the bench more regularly. I was quite impressed with him in the pre season friendly against Aberdeen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If I was smith I would be f***ed off that Bridcutt & Batti were getting the nod over me.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Why do people keep referring to him as a winger?

He's a central midfielder who has been forced to play on the left a couple of times; a position where he spends most of his time drifting in. He's not a natural winger.

As was Dean Cox. I likened the little I have seen of Smith to Cox, only better. Just thought in the interim, he could do a job until Gus gets us a new winger. Can't see Smith displacing any of the other central midfielders at the moment.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Should've started, he looked great at beginning of season.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
As was Dean Cox. I likened the little I have seen of Smith to Cox, only better. Just thought in the interim, he could do a job until Gus gets us a new winger. Can't see Smith displacing any of the other central midfielders at the moment.

Dean Cox has played the whole of his career as a winger. Smith I'm pretty sure came from Palace as a central midfielder. He is a tidy player, but - much like Cox - isn't great positionally when we're defending. I don't think he's the answer on the left of a four man midfield, certainly not in home games. Having said that I still rate him marginally more than Batti.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Smith laid on three chances for the strikers when he came on. If Wood had reacted more sharply as he should, one would have been a certain goal. I'd like to see him start at Saints.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He got both assists for Sparrow's goals at Swindon and can get behind defenders. He may not be able to defend but we need to score goals so should start at Saints imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here