Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Smith signs for another year

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sorry if fixtures :p

Jamie Smith has signed for another year after impressing Gus in the Burgess Hill friendly.

Gus 'He could be an interesting one for the future, i'm telling you. He was outstanding at Burgess Hill.'

Former Crystal palace youngster Smith, made his only start in the 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield last season. Playing well, he was sacrificed, when Kuipers was sent off.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Sorry if fixtures :p

Jamie Smith has signed for another year after impressing Gus in the Burgess Hill friendly.

Gus 'He could be an interesting one for the future, i'm telling you. He was outstanding at Burgess Hill.'

Former Crystal palace youngster Smith, made his only start in the 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield last season. Playing well, he was sacrificed, when Kuipers was sent off.

You do like your commas don't ya :thumbsup:

Good news, he could be good.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
What, that CAM/Center mid guy? Never really given a chance. Glad to see Gus is willing to use him, hes none to old AFAIK.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
He may of had a good game against Burgess Hill but i thought he was crap against Whitehawk far too small and gets pushed off the ball too easy

Halcyon

Who let the Doug out?
Jul 22, 2008
Teesside
Saw him at Huddersfield and thought he was very unlucky to be the one subbed - from what I saw he looked quite composed on the ball and played some nice passes

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Showed some silky touches on the ball when playing in the friendly at Scunny about this time last year.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
That makes no sense.

It does make sense. It's common to substitute of in place of have. i do it myself sometimes. Of course if you want to make a petty point scoring jibe, then pull him up on it by all means. If you want to be constructive you could at least tell him where he's going wrong

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
It does make sense. It's common to substitute of in place of have. i do it myself sometimes. Of course if you want to make a petty point scoring jibe, then pull him up on it by all means. If you want to be constructive you could at least tell him where he's going wrong

Ahh.. the classic case of someone thinking it's right because it's a 'common' thing to do.

Who would of thought you would do that?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
But completely wrong. It's not a difficult point of grammar.

Ah the grammar police, conveniently ignoring that many words change their meaning over time. Anyway what i dislike is the superior attitude of grammar pedants on a football message board. If you want to converse in a rigid language suffocated by rules then learn french. Leave the rest of us to our beautiful poetic ever changing English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here