Jamie Oliver - Well f***ing done

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had a feeling it might....

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Yeah, I have to say, it has changed my opinion on J.O. for the good. He used to be the most annoying prick in the world in my eyes, but he's endeared himself to me a little more in this latest series...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Simster said:
But you could say that about any policy.

Policies that governments believe in get pushed through. Policies that come from a pre-election bandwagon are likely to fall by the wayside and less care be taken where money is spent. There are plenty of vested interests that will gobble up that money.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Hungry Joe said:
DKM; you can take political cynicism too far and end up doing and believing in nothing and excusing your inaction as 'realism'.

I know HJ. But this is such a fantastic demonstration by Jamie Oliver of how things can be improved, and how they should be, that it should provoke more than a knee-jerk response from the government. Of course more money is needed - but it has to be spent well.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Yeah, I have to say, it has changed my opinion on J.O. for the good. He used to be the most annoying prick in the world in my eyes, but he's endeared himself to me a little more in this latest series...

same. gone up in my estimations after trying to make a salad in the back of his camper van with stig driving it round the track on Top Gear, then this. Just ditch the sainsburys ads

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Sainsbury's are about to slash their advertising budget anyway so I think the connection will end when the contract does.

I used to find JO an annoying twat (I've always liked his recipe books - but you don't have to listen to him with those), but he's grown on me over time. Good on him.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Dick Knights Mum said:
I know HJ. But this is such a fantastic demonstration by Jamie Oliver of how things can be improved, and how they should be, that it should provoke more than a knee-jerk response from the government. Of course more money is needed - but it has to be spent well.

A terrible pun but I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Sponge Fingers crossed.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
adrian29uk said:
He has done a cracking job highlighting problem and it just shows what can happen before an election, but it does not end there. Some school dinners are serverd by private companies and private companies like to make lots of £££££ so this means they will still continue to sell bad foods becuase its easier and cheaper to prepare. Why dont the goverment take these meals back in house, school dinners should not be a profit making scheme.

Damn right. I think Jamie Olivers a quality guy, and he's clearly very passionate about the state of our nations kids and very determined to reverse the decline in their health whatever it takes.

Loved his school dinners series- it was a real eye opener (especially when some kids thought a stick of rhubarb was an onion or f***ing POTATO), and even made me think about the crap i eat (especially when my loan is running thin at uni!) and since the series even ive been put off buying crap and try to eat a lot better. If he succeeds in changing school dinners nationwide (albeit over a good few years i would think) thats certainly an achievement that deserved to be recognised.

Top guy in my book :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have three of his recipe books.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oliver has really excelled himself and it's good to see NSC backing him.

If only he could do for Falmer what he's done for school dinners...

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
still waay too little

beats me how the govt can gloatthat they were 'nto' this, b4 JO kicked them up the ass.. 50p a day is pathetic, and if they dont get it sorted soon, this country will suffer.

i hope there's an enquiry into how the contratcs were initially allocated, and the profits they make, at the expense of the kids and staff..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here