Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Ohara....is he all there?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
As much as it pains me , I think a much more consistent Zaha probably would be world class player he had the ability, . He always seems to show consistently when playing against us !

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
JO'H is 'performing' on the radio. Nothing more, nothing less. He saw a chance to improve his image and took it, fair enough. If you didn't know who you were listening to you'd think 'this geezer's okay' and that was his aim.

To be box office you have to over egg it. JO'H ain't quite sharp enough to know where the line is. He was wrong about Dibley and we all know it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As much as it pains me , I think a much more consistent Zaha probably would be world class player he had the ability, . He always seems to show consistently when playing against us !

If he was a world class one of the top teams would have signed him by now regardless of the numbers Disney was quoting for him. The fact that after another window he is still at Palace says what the big clubs think about his world class credentials.

As for Jamie O Hara

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/53...-Billericay-Town-in-incredible-pre-match-song

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unfortunately (unlike MOTD) most ex-footballer radio pundits are employed to provoke anger by talking bollocks. If they didn't nobody would ring in and the pundits couldn't sustain a programme on their own.

Currently performing that role is Chris Sutton on Radio 5 Live.

The exception is Robbie Savage who whilst performing that role is actually capable of far much more and at times is very very engaging. There I say it, Robbie Savage is actually turning into a very good broadcaster.

I agree. Savage is good value, although he's not quite as well-informed or charming as his own mother.

But I do like Sutton too. I am even beginning to tolerate his childish banter with 'Bruce'. Sutton absolutely defended a Brighton player accused of diving a few weeks ago (forget who) who would otherwise have been hung out to dry. He totally nipped that in the bud, and his ongoing polemic about head injury is also excellent.

But I wouldn't even listen to a second of phone-in bait on a commercial station. Of course it is all there to rake in revenue. You'd need to be a total mug to be taken in by that. Can you imagine starting a thread on NSC, for instance on what someone said about Brighton a on commercial radio station? :mad:

Oh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree. Savage is good value, although he's not quite as well-informed or charming as his own mother.

But I do like Sutton too. I am even beginning to tolerate his childish banter with 'Bruce'. Sutton absolutely defended a Brighton player accused of diving a few weeks ago (forget who) who would otherwise have been hung out to dry. He totally nipped that in the bud, and his ongoing polemic about head injury is also excellent.

But I wouldn't even listen to a second of phone-in bait on a commercial station. Of course it is all there to rake in revenue. You'd need to be a total mug to be taken in by that. Can you imagine starting a thread on NSC, for instance on what someone said about Brighton a on commercial radio station? :mad:

Oh.

Sutton’s mellowed, even before he worked with his mate ABB. He used to be the Mr Angry, looking to talk over people and bully callers. I find him fair minded, knowledgeable and with little spite about clubs better than Norwich.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I listen to Talksport breakfast show with Alan Brazil. It does make me laugh but I am not sure it is intentional. A lot of it is thick as shit like the Romford Pele, Jamie O’Hara etc but I think it is designed to get people to phone in on premium lines. They are usually at the same level but it can be very funny as well. Good business plan and makes me laugh at them.

That's the thing, you have to accept it for what it is. Most of them are on a wind up and talking bollocks. I have to engage my brain at work, it's quite nice to dumb down a bit on the journey.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I listen to Talksport breakfast show with Alan Brazil. It does make me laugh but I am not sure it is intentional. A lot of it is thick as shit like the Romford Pele, Jamie O’Hara etc but I think it is designed to get people to phone in on premium lines. They are usually at the same level but it can be very funny as well. Good business plan and makes me laugh at them.

Disagree regarding Ray Parlour. He might not speak the Queen's English, but he's a lot better to listen to than Jamie bleedin' O'Hara.

O'Hara said a few weeks ago that Rio Ferdinand would be a great appointment for West Ham, before David Moyes got his job back. 'Rio gets the club. The West Ham way!'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here