Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Cureton Sign Him Up

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Today's Argus states that Mark McGhee has confirmed an interest in Jamie Cureton. However, he says that he doesn't know his contractual situation - it hasn't got that far.

He has apparently also been linked with QPR & Bristol City.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Busan Icons will be asking for £50,000 to get him.

I think we'll go for him and I reckon we do have the money.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We could do with a couple of midfielders as well but I wouldn't say no to Cureton.

I'd like to think Reading wouldn't want him back given that he couldn't get in the team last season but he might think Coppell would be a better bet than Pardew.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If it is between us and Reading then we've no chance :angry:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Cureton would be a great signing, come on Dk and MM sort it.
Was Cureton at Reading when Mchee was there?
Did he sign him?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nope, I think Cureton was signed by Pardew (the only player Pardew ever went for that wasn't either ours or on loan to us).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Just received a text message confirming the extensions to the loan signings and 'expressing interest' in Jamie Cureton so it looks as though we are going for it.

Come on let's get one over on Reading this time.

i was talking to someone the other day and creaming my pants at what it would have been like if Knight and Zamora had been our strike partnership :clap2: :clap2:

However I think Cureton would make a good partner for Knight and might actually help him out unlike that lump McPhee who just doesn't have a striker's instinct. :nono:

Percy Tantrums

Jul 14, 2003
Brighton
A bit unfair on McPhee I think Mr C who I think has played really well. We definately need a third striker though. Cureton would be good if he is fit. We've signed too many injured players in the past.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mr C said:
i was talking to someone the other day and creaming my pants at what it would have been like if Knight and Zamora had been our strike partnership :clap2: :clap2:

However I think Cureton would make a good partner for Knight and might actually help him out unlike that lump McPhee who just doesn't have a striker's instinct. :nono:

However he did change the game when he came on at QPR with his hold up play bringing Yeates and Jones into the game and his dangerous runs and his goal.

Apart from that he played like a big lump of poo.

Percy Tantrums said:
A bit unfair on McPhee I think Mr C who I think has played really well. We definately need a third striker though. Cureton would be good if he is fit. We've signed too many injured players in the past.
Don't get me wrong I am not criticising his workrate - he does put the effort in. But in the last few games I have lost count of the number of times that he personally has been responsible for us not scoring a goal. That's the problem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mr C said:
[B. But in the last few games I have lost count of the number of times that he personally has been responsible for us not scoring a goal. That's the problem. [/B]

The problem is not Mcphee, it is that McPhee is not Zamora. BZ has given us an unrealistic expectation of 2nd division forwards.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I have a nasty feeling QPR will get Cureton, as I don't think Reading (well, Coppell anyway) is too bothered. I expect it'll come down to money in the end, which usually means we lose out (except of course in the case of Leon Knight, gawd bless 'im, who clearly recognises a real club when he sees it). Pity, though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mr C said:
Don't get me wrong I am not criticising his workrate - he does put the effort in. But in the last few games I have lost count of the number of times that he personally has been responsible for us not scoring a goal. That's the problem.

He scored at QPR, won the penalty against Vale.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
McPhee scored at Lincoln too, to give us a consolation goal at 3-0 down.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
McPhee's control and hold up play is excellent, but he needs to be less selfish and shoot more as proved the other night against Vale.

That will only come with experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here