Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Boyd 1977-2012, AITC, Minutes applause at the Amex tomorrow

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Poor fella, wife and kids. Anyone know what happened?

sararog

Feb 6, 2012
How sad! Jamie was one of the coaches on our tour to Denmark last year and he was so lovely to all the boys. Heartfelt sympathies to his family Xx. can anyone tell me what happened please? X

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Tragically, he took his own life. Very sad for all concerned. Please don't ask for any more details.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Tragically, he took his own life. Very sad for all concerned. Please don't ask for any more details.

:( that's horrible , and agree with Safeway - when are more people going to realise there's help out there for stuff like this? Hope he's found his freedom mind.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Such sad news. No-one should ever feel that their life is that bad that they have to end it. Sounded like a lovely guy with everything going for him. RIP.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Don't mean to offend anybody but i will be bowing my head for a minutes silence in respect, i will not applaud suicide (having experienced it's effect on others).
I hope his love ones can get through it ok.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
I will miss our little footy chats in my office, you always made me feel better when my day was going wrong Jamie !!.

thanks buddy.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
for f*** sake.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Coached my son during the holidays.

RIP

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't mean to offend anybody but i will be bowing my head for a minutes silence in respect, i will not applaud suicide (having experienced it's effect on others).
I hope his love ones can get through it ok.

I with you on this one, I never see quite what the significance of a minutes applause is as a mark of respect. In a football ground we applaud everything, it can be as trivial as a player warming up. But SILENCE, now THAT is powerful in a packed football stadium. That signifies respect, because to be in a place of so many people, and you can hear a pin drop, wow, that is powerful.

My heart goes out to his family, and friends. If only the person committing suicide had any idea of how it will affect their loved ones, they wouldn't do it ... but that is why this is an ILLNESS, because they don't see that.

Anyone with worries problems, concerns, speak to someone. Any of my friends who may be suffering, please tell me, I may just be able to help. I lost a friend to this years ago, and I still to this day wish he'd just picked up the phone, dropped me a text, an email anything, just reached out and asked for help. You can't help but blame yourself for not being in touch, for not seeing something was wrong, or not being approachable enough that they would come and ask for help. I know it's none of them, as the illness consumes them and they don't reach out to anyway, but that doesn't stop you thinking it.

RIP Jamie. Sad, sad news.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I with you on this one, I never see quite what the significance of a minutes applause is as a mark of respect. In a football ground we applaud everything, it can be as trivial as a player warming up. But SILENCE, now THAT is powerful in a packed football stadium. That signifies respect, because to be in a place of so many people, and you can hear a pin drop, wow, that is powerful.

My heart goes out to his family, and friends. If only the person committing suicide had any idea of how it will affect their loved ones, they wouldn't do it ... but that is why this is an ILLNESS, because they don't see that.

Anyone with worries problems, concerns, speak to someone. Any of my friends who may be suffering, please tell me, I may just be able to help. I lost a friend to this years ago, and I still to this day wish he'd just picked up the phone, dropped me a text, an email anything, just reached out and asked for help. You can't help but blame yourself for not being in touch, for not seeing something was wrong, or not being approachable enough that they would come and ask for help. I know it's none of them, as the illness consumes them and they don't reach out to anyway, but that doesn't stop you thinking it.

RIP Jamie. Sad, sad news.

Personally, for me I will applaud in Jamie's memory for the advice, help, and coaching he gave my son for over 3 years and my son is planning to applaud at home in his development centre kit while listening in on the radio but I don't disagree with your view on a minutes silence.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Personally, for me I will applaud in Jamie's memory for the advice, help, and coaching he gave my son for over 3 years and my son is planning to applaud at home in his development centre kit while listening in on the radio but I don't disagree with your view on a minutes silence.

Tbh, I will go with the flow, and if they have requested a minutes applause, that's what I'll give. It's not exactly a big ask is it.

But I do think silence is far more powerful.

Would be a nice gesture if they do a collection for his family.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
A minutes applause was introduced a few years back to replace the silence because mindless twat(s) wanted everyone to hear them [couldn't keep quiet] - the clapping blocks this regrettable act from having any impact.

Shame, as I agree silence is most powerful - but mared if just one idiot decides not to conform ...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I had a very dear friend who took his own life a few years ago.

During his life he was the most selfless person I think I have ever met, he would virtually walk over hot coals to help others. He didn't have a selfish bone in his body.

He left a wife and young family.

This showed me how awful depression can be. He must have been ill. These acts can never be seen as selfish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here