Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Milner

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nah all time most PL games.
Ahhh gotcha. Pretty certain (injuries permitting) he’ll make that. I like him in the squad, but I’d be hoping he’s making those appearances off the bench to help calm and kill games off. I think he would have a role in many squads outside of the top sides, but I hope his wages reflect his actual importance and I suspect sadly they don’t.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Ahhh gotcha. Pretty certain (injuries permitting) he’ll make that. I like him in the squad, but I’d be hoping he’s making those appearances off the bench to help calm and kill games off. I think he would have a role in many squads outside of the top sides, but I hope his wages reflect his actual importance and I suspect sadly they don’t.
I will never get why people care quite how TB chooses to waste his money. Its not like the ticket prices would be any different if Milner was being paid £20k less or more a week.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I will never get why people care quite how TB chooses to waste his money. Its not like the ticket prices would be any different if Milner was being paid £20k less or more a week.
Fair enough.

I care because our club nearly went out of existence when I was a child because of mismanagement from our ruthless asset-stripping owner and his sleazy sidekick, and I want my child to have his community club to grow up with if he or she chooses. We like many clubs have fans who do care about our finances.

But quite apart from that, because I trust Tony and his people implicitly, I care because it has a bearing on our playing budget and therefore our season and fortunes. We don’t have a bottomless well of cash; as a fan on the main fan forum I’m allowed to comment that I would prefer our budget was spent to the best value in returns.

In my opinion Lallana’s (reported) salary didn’t represent value for money, and I would hope Milner’s did.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Watching the gaffer’s presser in Japan, asked about Milner by a Japanese journo about his importance to the team (?! weird one) he says he’s very important, incredible pro, yadda yadda.

But out of nowhere he says “he’s a midfielder” with absolute certainty and without prompting. Very, very good news! He was dreadful at fullback for us :lol:

Also, very amusing press conference because I think the gaffer was getting a little impatient waiting to hear the translations…

View attachment 185996

He rolls his eyes quite a few times. I don’t think he’s being rude, just uncomfortable waiting and shifting awkwardly in his seat.

Especially funny was when he was asked about the team coping with the humidity, and made a joke comparing to the weather in Brighton and nobody laughed (because they don’t speak English). And then again when translated into Japanese and again nobody laughed, despite his hopeful looks out to the media when he heard “Brighton” in the translation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pure Brent, I love him already.
I think it's pretty hard for him to know where/how to look whilst waiting for a five minute translation to finish 😉.

I have to say that the translator lady (clearly paid by the word 😂) has an amazing memory and technique to get through some long questions 👍.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Fair enough.

I care because our club nearly went out of existence when I was a child because of mismanagement from our ruthless asset-stripping owner and his sleazy sidekick, and I want my child to have his community club to grow up with if he or she chooses. We like many clubs have fans who do care about our finances.

But quite apart from that, because I trust Tony and his people implicitly, I care because it has a bearing on our playing budget and therefore our season and fortunes. We don’t have a bottomless well of cash; as a fan on the main fan forum I’m allowed to comment that I would prefer our budget was spent to the best value in returns.

In my opinion Lallana’s (reported) salary didn’t represent value for money, and I would hope Milner’s did.
I merely observed that whining about the rumoured salary any particular player may or may not be on is pointless in my opinion. Or am I not allowed to comment as a fan on the main fan forum? No need for the spurious and pompous, spirit of the Archer war years, preamble to your wittering either. TB is not gambling the future of our club for the sake of having Milner playing a bit part in our squad for a couple of seasons.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

When you pick your favourite team you care how the money is spent because it has so much to do with which footballers your team can acquire.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
When you pick your favourite team you care how the money is spent because it has so much to do with which footballers your team can acquire.
simpsons-memes-money-can-be-exchanged-for-goods-and-services.jpg

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Fair enough.

I'm completely with you on this.

Brighton fans of a vintage may be more aware / concerned than some from other clubs who knows with how much we're spending on wages.

But with PSR applying to mid ranked teams and just the fact that we don't have unlimited sums like some of our rivals seem to, money wasted on one player is money not spent on another.

Agree on Lallana as well

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
With a general perception (and reality) that Brighton buy talent and potential, Milner is far more than just a player. His age and experience at the very top of the game is even more important when our coach is just 31! RDZ used Lallana as a sounding board; be very surprised if Fab isn’t using JM the same way. Moreso in fact

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I merely observed that whining about the rumoured salary any particular player may or may not be on is pointless in my opinion. Or am I not allowed to comment as a fan on the main fan forum? No need for the spurious and pompous, spirit of the Archer war years, preamble to your wittering either. TB is not gambling the future of our club for the sake of having Milner playing a bit part in our squad for a couple of seasons.
I wasn’t whining. I didn’t read the rest.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I’ve never had an issue with you before and I don’t know what’s going on in your life, so I’m not going to have argument with you. DM me if you want to continue.
I'm fine thanks, on holiday in fact. I have no issue with you, I felt your initial reply was an over the top response to my mild observation and so I called it out.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

That’ll be Hickstead Starbucks. James has kindly donated a signed shirt which is being raffled to raise funds for breast cancer as one of the team there is just completing her treatment.

The team there tell me he is a lovely guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here