Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James May's Man Lab..

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Thought it was rather good and probably a bit overdue. Nothing wrong with men doing men stuff. A refreshing change from reality TV, game shows and housewife telly.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
I thought it was ok, maybe trying a bit too hard. The hardware shop where he got supplies to defuse the bomb was in Chichester, bit weird!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought it was ok, maybe trying a bit too hard. The hardware shop where he got supplies to defuse the bomb was in Chichester, bit weird!

That was a bit tongue in cheek, especially with the long queue and the bomb ticking, however interesting stat that there are literally 000s of unexploded WWII bombs. Many have been uncovered at the olympics site.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
However I have now learnt how to polish shoes to an army standard and learnt that fish fingers come in 5s so as to fit the bread perfectly.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Nancy boy.

Yes he does come over as trying too hard to be a "man" but then all the "Top Gear" poofs do that.

Just get the feeling that the car lobby, who are desperate to keep alpha-males beesotted with buying a new motah, are driving this "man-thing".

His obsession with model trains is comforting but impractical. The line should have been built as a circuit. Reversing a loaded truck for that distance at speed would inevitably result in derailments, and damage as they fall off the trestles.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

i was half expecting a two ronnies style 'four candles' bit, there!

as to any haters, i beleive the show is meant to be ironic. best ask the wife about that tho, i dont do household stuff..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Worst programme I've ever seen.

There has been worse TV. Much, much worse. Take your pick from ANY reality show for example.

Unless you have only ever seen TWO TV programmes.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It may have been something to do with having not slept on Saturday night but watching it was the most painful experience I've had in a while. What exactly was it trying to achieve? Putting it on straight after having to listen to Stephen Fry for an hour made it extra shit.

I do know that I could have turned it over but I couldn't see the remote from my position.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I too found it an odd experience, very much akin to an early review of 'A Touch of Frost':-.

18 million people would watch David Jason read a cereal box.

James May = Bloke TV.

That said the shoe cleaning Army bloke had the line of the night:-
You've done that (badly cleaned shoes) because you are week. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here