Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Hayter

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think he could, but could we prize him away from Bournemouth as he seems quite happy there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to watch a centre forward at Salisbury for Nobby Horton and he was on loan from Bournememouth to them and I suggested him and the reply I got was that we released him as a boy (15 yr old) and he joined Bournemouth so we were not interested in him.

DK and MH are unlikely to say that they were wrong and BUY him.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BensGrandad said:
I went to watch a centre forward at Salisbury for Nobby Horton and he was on loan from Bournememouth to them and I suggested him and the reply I got was that we released him as a boy (15 yr old) and he joined Bournemouth so we were not interested in him.

DK and MH are unlikely to say that they were wrong and BUY him.

You really are a ray of sunshine, aren't you !

Ronaldinho

Jan 3, 2006
Crawley
Bournemouth have said they may lose him in january and if teams like barnsley are being linked surely we have a chance

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Read my earlier post I dont think that either Martin Hinshlewood or Dick Knight will admit they made a mistake and let a player go and then pay to get him back so the answer to the possibility I would say is a definite NO.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
0,,10325~550783,00.jpg

BRING BACK THE BEAR!

:bowdown:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
Read my earlier post I dont think that either Martin Hinshlewood or Dick Knight will admit they made a mistake and let a player go and then pay to get him back so the answer to the possibility I would say is a definite NO.

I think he was alluding to the fact that you come across as a miserable old git. Lets face it, you have it in for the board and I can't think of anything you've ever posted that could be classed as positive.
Now Ben is a very lucky lad to be taken to watch the Albion by his grandad (no I'm not taking the pee, he is very lucky), and I'm sure your a great bloke unfortunately that doesn't come across in your posts.

BTW, about six years ago there was a documentary on the England under 16 side, basically only Smith of Leeds (now Man U.), is still playing in the top two divisions. Talented at 15 doesn't mean success and visa versa, Stuart Pearce being turned down by QPR, happens all the time.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
BensGrandad said:

DK and MH were not at the club when Hayter was here. His release was nothing to do with them. :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I may be a miserable old git but his was in no way meant as a slur against DK or any other individual just a realistic view that very few if any chairmen are going to say we made a mistake and then shell out £150k on aplayer that they have released earlier when the money is very tight, they will look elsewhere. I was just pointing out that the chances of signing him are virtually nil and giving my reasoning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here