Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was crucified for saying similar and I entirely agree with your assessment. I was very surprised by the expectation put on his comeback both at matches and on here, it was like we had been watching a different player.

He did okay in the context of some poor performances in the low points of Potter’s tenure, often playing out of position, which perhaps elevated how good he looked in comparison to his underperforming teammates. Despite this, he actually contributed very little of consequence (goals, assists) and was just a cog in the machine performing adequately.

I don’t mind Moder, he’s okay and can put in minutes with competence - but his stats don’t lie and he simply isn’t offering the team enough. He’s prime fodder for an area we need to upgrade, to be blunt.
Yes, but KDH PL stats are almost as bad, yet we were seemingly willing to spunk 40 million on him + Moder… hmmmmmmmm

I agree we need better, but we simply can’t afford better.

If KDH is a 40 million benchmark, well, we’re utterly screwed if we think we can buy genuine quality.

Retaining Moder, unless we unearth a bargain gem, is the most viable and financially astute option… who knows, Hurz might be able to get better stats out of him ?!? Just a thought.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yes, but KDH PL stats are almost as bad, yet we were seemingly willing to spunk 40 million on him + Moder… hmmmmmmmm

I agree we need better, but we simply can’t afford better.

If KDH is a 40 million benchmark, well, we’re utterly screwed if we think we can buy genuine quality.

Retaining Moder, unless we unearth a bargain gem, is the most viable and financially astute option… who knows, Hurz might be able to get better stats out of him ?!? Just a thought.
Of course I’d love him to stay and blow us all away, but I just go back to my original point that as of now I don’t get the excitement about him as a player. Potential, sure, but a lot of our players have potential and although he’s still young, it’s very much this season or bust, at the Albion at least, if he even stays.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Of course I’d love him to stay and blow us all away, but I just go back to my original point that as of now I don’t get the excitement about him as a player. Potential, sure, but a lot of our players have potential and although he’s still young, it’s very much this season or bust, at the Albion at least, if he even stays.
I agree … although I admit this all seems a bit Alzate last close season… it is most definitely last chance saloon for Moder, but it might be he knuckles down and suddenly dominates like his physical attributes suggest he could!

However, if there’s any truth that we were ready to ship him out effectively for free to a PL rival … heart sinks time ? There’s a long way back from that, mentally at least.

I hope he stays, unless we reinvent our options and it makes sense to let him go.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree … although I admit this all seems a bit Alzate last close season… it is most definitely last chance saloon for Moder, but it might be he knuckles down and suddenly dominates like his physical attributes suggest he could!

However, if there’s any truth that we were ready to ship him out effectively for free to a PL rival … heart sinks time ? There’s a long way back from that, mentally at least.

I hope he stays, unless we reinvent our options and it makes sense to let him go.
I go back to my earlier statements....

He.... Has.... Pace.

We rarely sign midfielders with pace, because their price goes up significantly.
We would be very foolish to give him away cheaply.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

He.... Has.... Pace.

We rarely sign midfielders with pace, because their price goes up significantly.
Agreed… £50 million to Leicester it is then 😂

I think this might be a misjudgment, but there you go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He.... Has.... Pace.

Wasn't WBG timed as the second fastest last week?

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Moder's a player and I think he's potentially a very good one, I wouldn't be in any sort of rush to move him on. But he is an irresponsible driver, so he might be a wanker. If that's the case then he can pack his bags and get out!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Moder's a player and I think he's potentially a very good one, I wouldn't be in any sort of rush to move him on. But he is an irresponsible driver, so he might be a wanker. If that's the case then he can pack his bags and get out!
That’s true, maybe Hertz is zero tolerance when it comes to speeding offences etc.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well they didn’t notice the gaping Moises and Alexis size hole in our mf so don’t expect much this time.
Well, to be fair, they did provide the manager with a player (Dahoud) of whom RDZ said "I'm excited to have Mahmoud in my team. I wanted him when I was at Sassuolo and I'm sure he is going to be a top player for us."

After his Premier League debut, RDZ stated "Dahoud is a great player for us, because he is specific for our idea of football, our style of play..."

The club gave the manager the EXACT player he wanted - unfortunately, the moody Italian had binned him off within four months. That isn't the club's fault, is it.

Well, to be fair, they did provide the manager with a player (Dahoud) of whom RDZ said "I'm excited to have Mahmoud in my team. I wanted him when I was at Sassuolo and I'm sure he is going to be a top player for us."

After his Premier League debut, RDZ stated "Dahoud is a great player for us, because he is specific for our idea of football, our style of play..."

The club gave the manager the EXACT player he wanted - unfortunately, the moody Italian had binned him off within four months. That isn't the club's fault, is it.

Hoo boy - time for a new avatar pic?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Did anybody ever suggest that was all an error in translation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here