Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jakey or Cox

Who would you play out of the 2?

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Cox seems to do better after a run out of the side. I think he needs a LONG run out of the side.

Robinson..hmm. I think he gets harsh criticism on here (ironically it wasn't long ago he was worshipped, now everyone says he's conference standard)...but I think he could be given one final chance, as he hasn't had one under Adams.

Problem is, he's not a winger (yes he can run at men 'on his day', but he can't cross), and if he's a striker (which he and I think he probably still is) then he's just not scored the goals. But as he hasn't had a chance this season, he'll be fired up...so I'd rather see him. Now or never though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was going to post on here but having read the posts advocating a player who has never fulfilled his potential I think I will go and hang myself instead. Cox on form is far more effective than Robinson who doesn't score, doesn't get round the back of the defence and cross and doesn't score enough for someone who thinks of himself as a striker.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Coxy is out of form.

Jakey hasn't been given so much as a chance.

So I'm going with Jakey. Because I can see in him a winger that will actually run AT defenders, and not cut inside and provide poor drosses EVERY time.

He doesn't run at defenders?? He doesn't even slightly worry them.

And oh I don't care.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I can't believe it is so close between Robinson and Cox. Cox is actually creative, albeit fairly irratically but creative none the less.

Robinson has not made it as a striker and so has been shoved out on the wing but he can't create chances or cross the ball.

Having said that, I would still like to see him given another shot up front.

88brighton

Feb 13, 2008
Hangleton
Got to be Jakey, Wingers need to know how to cross and Cox does not seem to beat the first man at all. He is also to predictable as he gets to the edge of the box and turns on his right foot and crosses. Players have worked this out now. Only 1 in ten times does he cross with his left. At that standard you should be good to use both feet.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The fact that Robinson is winning this poll shows how ridiculous this forum can be. Robinson is NOT good enough for this division, he can't run at players, he doesn't have an idea what to do with the ball and he has no end product. Cox is out of form but he has proved he is good enough by being pretty much the teams main creative outlet for the past two seasons. I actually struggle to believe how people can still rate Robinson.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was going to post on here but having read the posts advocating a player who has never fulfilled his potential I think I will go and hang myself instead. Cox on form is far more effective than Robinson who doesn't score, doesn't get round the back of the defence and cross and doesn't score enough for someone who thinks of himself as a striker.
I disagree that Robinson doesn't get round the back of the defence. His movement across the line as a striker is pretty good. I think the problems with Jake are entirely mental - he blows hot and cold in the extreme, if things don't go his way early on he seems to drift out of games all too easily. If you watch him in warm ups you can see he is probably the cleanest striker of a ball out there - he has shown this in the reserves and occasionally the first team with his long shots - but when he gets through on goal he turns into a bag of nerves. Hid finishes in these positions are scruffy if he scores at all. He doesn't seem to have the mental strength to make the most of his ability (which anyone with a memory longer than that of a goldfish surely recognises is still there).

Also I actually thought he had some pretty food games last year on the right - but it seemed he had to do more than some other players to get/keep his place in the first team. People can chant "130 games, 130 games, 130 games" as much as they like but the fact remains that a large amount of his games have been from the bench, and only once or twice has he had a consistent run of more than about 3 games in the side that I can recall.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Cox is too predictable at what he does (get ball, cut inside, cross ball into first defender)
Robinson just doesnt believe in himself, so is no threat at all.

Out of the 2, Cox can probably cause the more consistent threat, but Jake the most dangerous threat. I wouldnt play either, but worth keeping, maybe?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I disagree that Robinson doesn't get round the back of the defence. His movement across the line as a striker is pretty good. I think the problems with Jake are entirely mental - he blows hot and cold in the extreme, if things don't go his way early on he seems to drift out of games all too easily. If you watch him in warm ups you can see he is probably the cleanest striker of a ball out there - he has shown this in the reserves and occasionally the first team with his long shots - but when he gets through on goal he turns into a bag of nerves. Hid finishes in these positions are scruffy if he scores at all. He doesn't seem to have the mental strength to make the most of his ability (which anyone with a memory longer than that of a goldfish surely recognises is still there).

Also I actually thought he had some pretty food games last year on the right - but it seemed he had to do more than some other players to get/keep his place in the first team. People can chant "130 games, 130 games, 130 games" as much as they like but the fact remains that a large amount of his games have been from the bench, and only once or twice has he had a consistent run of more than about 3 games in the side that I can recall.

couldn't disagree more.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Both players have huge potential, with reagrds to cox and his poor form the lad is 20 and has played almost none stop for the past 2-3 seasons his confidence is short needs a spell outta the first team to re-build confidence and work on his game and to come back firing on all cycllinders cos a dean cox firing on all cylinders would be an assest to any team in this division....in contrast robinson needs a run in the first team be it on the flank or up front under wilkins robinson didnt get alot of football all be it when hedid i thought he played well only to be dropped straight away give him football or send him out on loan.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would say Cox but as they only seem to pass to each other you probably need to start them both...

Oh, and a bloke who sits near me can never tell them apart so whoever he voted for, he probably meant the other one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here