Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Wright

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I live in Oxford and have been told by a number of people that he was player of the season for them and top of their shopping list. Apparently we are holding out for a high price though which is stalling negotiations. Everyone says he has been absolutely superb and should be playing at a higher level!

Never got a decent run out in the side at his preferred position imho. But at the time Gus needed to use tried and tested centre backs and couldn't afford to experiment with Wright.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can't even remember if he was a right or left back. I've got a feeling it was left .... could it be that Gus has his eye on him coming back into the squad and that is why we are prepared to let McNulty go?

Blimey, the summers really do have my imagination running away from me.

*gets a grip*

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Someone whose knowledge of Sussex football I hugely respect, a Crawley-watcher but not a supporter, described Jake Wright to me in exactly the same terms as Harty's contact did. He said that we were playing him out of position and that if we'd had the bravery to put him where he should have been we would have had a tremendous asset for the future.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we need to at least try to recoup the 100K we paid plus a sell-on.

I would keep him as a natural left side central defender ahead of Elphick (awaits flaming)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He looked like the best player on the pitch the only time we played him in his correct position, the left side of central defence. It will be a shame to lose him. But then we also have Tunicliffe, Elphick and Abd and arguably we need another mature central defender.

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
I live in Oxford and have been told by a number of people that he was player of the season for them and top of their shopping list. Apparently we are holding out for a high price though which is stalling negotiations. Everyone says he has been absolutely superb and should be playing at a higher level!

Alright mate i'm just about to move to Oxford for work. I think I'm going over to headington area. Are there any good pubs around there?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I lived in Headington for two years whilst I was at Uni, nice area- I found the best pubs to be in Old Headington The Black Boy on Old Hight Street and The White Heart on Saint Andrews Road.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Never really got to see him in his preferred position, definitely not a left back

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Someone whose knowledge of Sussex football I hugely respect, a Crawley-watcher but not a supporter, described Jake Wright to me in exactly the same terms as Harty's contact did. He said that we were playing him out of position and that if we'd had the bravery to put him where he should have been we would have had a tremendous asset for the future.

If he has a 'good bedside manner' we're talking about the same person.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I saw his one appearance for us at centre back and I was very impressed. Before I could make a realistic judgement I would like to see a lot more of him in that position. I do agree with most on here that he looked very poor at left back, but to sell him cheap now may look like very poor business in the long term.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Alright mate i'm just about to move to Oxford for work. I think I'm going over to headington area. Are there any good pubs around there?

I have lived in Oxford for 12 years. My locals are the Dew Drop (in Summertown, in North Oxford) and Jude the Obscure (in the Jericho district of the city). Pubs in Headington have little to commend them, given that the city centre has much to offer socially.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite possibly.
NSC myths must be perpetuated in order to survive though. I'm just doing my bit.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As we tossed away £100k in buying him that needs to be about the starting price if Oxford are interested.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What, a miserable camp scruffy bastard who pretends he's never played for us ?
Maybe, but still the best player I have seen playing for us in the last 35 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here