• Not In The Squad

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London Irish said:
He's still a very inconsistent player, although talented. A manager's nightmare to be honest. It was for Mcghee and it will be for Wilkins. It doesn't surprise me that he's got very little time so far under Wilkins.

Agree with you.Shame you don't know when to make subs correctly during play:jester:

Aug 19, 2006
Burgess Hill
Adriodinho said:
I didn't go, which is why I didn't critisise, nor praise the player! Unlike Algie who has been to less games than even me and think he has the right to make judgements on certian players he has never seen play.

We all know what games you've been to as they appear on Google Video the next day! :jester:

I think Robinson should be in the starting 11 as he always looks lively and is dangerous.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
He did ok at Bristol when he came on,however like the rest of the strikers he doesnt look like ever scoring
Started three times and scored twice. He looks more likely than anyone, and also he looks more likely to create things.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Started three times and scored twice. He looks more likely than anyone, and also he looks more likely to create things.
well said that man..:clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
He is shit and will end up with someone like Torquay just like McPhee did

I'm starting to think he is overrated myself

Silent Bob said:
Started three times and scored twice.

Bit misleading though, as certainly in one of the games he scored, against Forest, he was one of our least effective players on the pitch, the goal has his name on it but belonged to Revell's hard work and industry.

That's the thing - you will hardly ever get a below par game from Hart and Revell. With Jake, you get extremes of good play and frustrating ineffectiveness.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
algie said:
I'm starting to think he is overrated myself

Sometimes I don't believe what I read on this board.

:nono: :nono:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Robinson is the best striker this club has produced from its youth ranks end of story.

What lets him down is his finishing which he will learn with experience and his tendancy to drift in & out of games.

People forget he is still only 19 years old and with the exception of wonderkids like Owen & Rooney and even Zamora, most strikers do not come of age until their early to mid 20's. Look at Andy Johnson.

He has also been treated unbelievably bad by Mark Mcghee and it is abundantly clear from the appearances made under Wilkins that he is still the most naturally gifted player we have at the club.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
Bit misleading though, as certainly in one of the games he scored, against Forest, he was one of our least effective players on the pitch, the goal has his name on it but belonged to Revell's hard work and industry.

Yeah but he's had other games in which he has been fantastic and hasn't scored.

I think his apparant lack of consistancy is far exagerated. Revell was poor at Bristol City. Harty isn't always at his best.

He looks far more likely to create something than Frutos.

supaseagull said:
He has also been treated unbelievably bad by Mark Mcghee and it is abundantly clear from the appearances made under Wilkins that he is still the most naturally gifted player we have at the club.
What appearances would those be then? McGhee started Robinson in 4 out of the first 7 games this season, Wilkins hasn't once yet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
supaseagull said:
Robinson is the best striker this club has produced from its youth ranks end of story.

What lets him down is his finishing which he will learn with experience and his tendancy to drift in & out of games.

People forget he is still only 19 years old and with the exception of wonderkids like Owen & Rooney and even Zamora, most strikers do not come of age until their early to mid 20's. Look at Andy Johnson.

I fail to see how Robinson was treated badly to be honest, he had is chance last year and fluffed it by missing good chances and bottling tackles

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
But he scored. ??? All goals are set up by someone, barring freak or genius. He was fairly quiet in that game, but having an average game and still getting on the scoresheet in no bad trait for a striker.

London Irish said:
That's the thing - you will hardly ever get a below par game from Hart and Revell. With Jake, you get extremes of good play and frustrating ineffectiveness.
No you don't, you know what you get from them, a solid shift of hard work but lacking in craft, penetration, pace, and threat in general.
I think you are exaggerating wildly about his alleged inconsistency, he hasn't had a poor game this season, even playing out on the left which is not his position, and being in and out of the team each week, subbed off regardless of performance etc.

What you get with Jake is pace, the will to run at players, and decent movement, something Hart or Revell don't offer but that is what scares defenders. I think if he is given a run of games up front alongside Revell we could see a good partnership develop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here