Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
why? he wasnt that great in leeds match either.

but results points and performances have been alot better since hes been in the team.

Last edited:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
better?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Repugnant Toad said:
He got more than a toe on it - hence why it went back across goal, not straight out. If not a sitter, a very good chance; should have scored.

I'd like to see Kazim-Richards be given a chance against Coventry - there's nothing wrong with rotating your strikeforce a wee bit. Robinson wasn't at his best last night, and I think K-R gave us a little more when he came on.

no it didnt he toe poked it back across it was as stretched as stretched can be abit like gazza euro 96 apart from he just about got contact with it

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
NMH said:
We do need a player who can take half-chances and bury the ball on a consistent basis. We had enough chances to have won tonight, we really did.

And today there was Colin Kazim-Richards to show the team how NOT to pansy about and just stick the ball in the net. :clap2: :clap2: :flameboun :clap2:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Robinson was very poor today, and oddly bottled a lot of tackles. Time for a spell on the bench while Kazim-Richards has his chance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope he is as disappointed as we are with his performance today - but he is young and improving so let's just accept it for once.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Beach Hut said:
I hope he is as disappointed as we are with his performance today - but he is young and improving so let's just accept it for once.
Yup, same as McShane, Jarrett, even Hammond. They're all young, with some way to go before being the finished article.

Beach Hut said:

Agreed, there should be no witch-hunt of Robinson, but he's had two average games in a row now and has to make way, such is the competition for places we have up front now.

CKR will give us a bit more presence up front even if we lose Jake's fine movement.

And we still don't know who our best finisher in the team is. McGhee has to find that out - and quick.

Leon has had a difficult 18 months in front of goal, Jake looked the biz when he did old man Taribo West, but has since disappointed. Big Mac and El Turi are not natural finishers if you look at their goals record, so for me that leaves CKR as the big hope, he did look our best finisher in pre-season and now deserves a run in the team with the likes of the Carole/Jarrett/Knight winger system supplying him rather than the packed midfields we played behind him in the first few games this season.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Go to bed Irish

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Agreed, there should be no witch-hunt of Robinson, but he's had two average games in a row now and has to make way, such is the competition for places we have up front now.

CKR will give us a bit more presence up front even if we lose Jake's fine movement.

And we still don't know who our best finisher in the team is. McGhee has to find that out - and quick.

Leon has had a difficult 18 months in front of goal, Jake looked the biz when he did old man Taribo West, but has since disappointed. Big Mac and El Turi are not natural finishers if you look at their goals record, so for me that leaves CKR as the big hope, he did look our best finisher in pre-season and now deserves a run in the team with the likes of the Carole/Jarrett/Knight winger system supplying him rather than the packed midfields we played behind him in the first few games this season.

I think that is agreat post, LI... time for CKR to step-up...

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
London Irish said:

Nooooooooooooo, I'm agreeing with you on this one :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here