Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
KinkyGoebels said:
the one where he slid along with empty net wqas pretty easy!
He was stretching for the ball and actually got too much on it.........yes, it would possibly have been easier to score than pull it back, but Jake has been one of the reasons for our upturn in form, and i'm not going to criticise the lad because he failed to score tonight.
We gave the division leaders a damn good game........what happened the last time we played the leaders?
Brighton 0 Wigan 4

We can take a lot of positives out of tonight's performance and i am looking forward to seeing the same team give Coventry a good seeing to on saturday.:clap:

On the general point about dropping Robinson, I don't think we can do without his movement up front, it is something extra special that neither Leon or even Kazim-Richards gives us.

It's a dilemma because I think CKR has to start but you either sacrifice Jake's movement or Leon's link play and guile - bloody tough decision for McGhee and I wouldn't want to make it :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beach Hut said:
I just think it is best to rotate younger strikers for a while.

I think it best to give them a run

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bakesy said:
He was stretching for the ball and actually got too much on it.........yes, it would possibly have been easier to score than pull it back, but Jake has been one of the reasons for our upturn in form, and i'm not going to criticise the lad because he failed to score tonight.
We gave the division leaders a damn good game........what happened the last time we played the leaders?
Brighton 0 Wigan 4

We can take a lot of positives out of tonight's performance and i am looking forward to seeing the same team give Coventry a good seeing to on saturday.:clap:

Wigan were a dam sight better

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Icy Gull said:
I think it best to give them a run

You may well be right it is a game of opinions.

I would just like him to start a game so we can see his form.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had Jake stuck away one of those half-chances, we'd all have been raving. As it is, he didn't have one of his more eye-catching games tonight. But his pace and movement was still excellent, even if things didn't quite come off for him tonight. He's still someone their defence had to keep a constant eye on, and as far as I'm concerned, Jake, Leon, Albert and Carole are undroppable right now - the four of them have been a revelation, and all of them look capable of scoring.

I can't remember us looking as exciting going forward for many a year, and that includes the Bobby days.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Had Jake stuck away one of those half-chances, we'd all have been raving. As it is, he didn't have one of his more eye-catching games tonight. But his pace and movement was still excellent, even if things didn't quite come off for him tonight. He's still someone their defence had to keep a constant eye on, and as far as I'm concerned, Jake, Leon, Albert and Carole are undroppable right now - the four of them have been a revelation, and all of them look capable of scoring.

I can't remember us looking as exciting going forward for many a year, and that includes the Bobby days.

Its all well and good looking good going forward but they missed some sitters tonight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
KinkyGoebels said:
Its all well and good looking good going forward but they missed some sitters tonight.

The only sitter missed tonight was the header by Hammond IMHO.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
took the words out of me mouth me old china,and coventry as said earlier will get spanked esp if shaws still in defence

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
empire said:
took the words out of me mouth me old china,and coventry as said earlier will get spanked esp if shaws still in defence

Micky was there tonight - i dont think we can take anything for granted

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
bakesy said:
Brighton 0 Wigan 4

It was 4-2 against wigan mate

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
maybe but the last 2 games have shown that we can create a lot more than we used to,and they look very dodgy

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think it was one of those nights where nothing went for us at all.
Even if Jake had got a toe to it the ref would have found a reason to disallow it.

They all tried extemely hard.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Brighton Boy said:
u obviously had a bad angle cos he done well to get a toe on it.......heck peter crouch would of done well to get a toe on it

He got more than a toe on it - hence why it went back across goal, not straight out. If not a sitter, a very good chance; should have scored.

I'd like to see Kazim-Richards be given a chance against Coventry - there's nothing wrong with rotating your strikeforce a wee bit. Robinson wasn't at his best last night, and I think K-R gave us a little more when he came on.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
i fear Colin-Kasim will come in for Jake on saturday, bit of a knee jerk reaction i feel.:nono:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
I think McGhee will stick to the same side on Saturday as its only out first defeat in 4.

But leon & Jake know we have other strikers on the bench and if they don't start scoring with thew chances they are getting they will be dropped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here