Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson Will be McGhee's next target

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: Re: Jake Robinson Will be McGhee's next target

trueblue said:
I don't think CKR's opinions should be given much credence considering his overall (lack of) contribution. Just a parting shot to stir things up.
Quite. I didn't see anyone other than CKR - or The Future Of British Football Who Couldn't Hit A Cow's Arse With Any Stringed Instrument - miss countless number of piss-easy sitters last year. To misquote Top Gun, his ego's writing cheques that his modest talent can't cash.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Black Country Seagull said:
Did you keep in employment the over the hill tradesmen, the ones injured/sick and lay off your best tradesman?

We kept on board nearly all of the more mature guys, i dont recall having to discuss or deal with any individual that was sick, and unfortunatly, yes we did have to get rid of alot of the better trades, some of them did take the option of voluntry redundancy..................i obviously can see where you are going with this, i did say that the 2 situations could not be compared in all fairness, i was just trying to give an example of what happens in business, or maybe, can happen.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Redhead said:
I can normally laugh what you say as moronic verbal dihorrea, but that is bollocks of this highest order. You want to talk about ripping the club apart talk to Archer, Belotti, Baker, De Vechi and LDC not the manager that took us and kept us in the second tier of football. :tosser:
Just piss off you ginger ****:salute: :salute:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Re: Re: Jake Robinson Will be McGhee's next target

London Irish said:
What the f***? :lolol: Just how remarkably :safeway is that comment? :lol:

Do explain how the hell you know Robinson is "easily bullied". I'm sure if he ever reads NSC he might be fascinated to know.
Do explain? WHat explain the fact he had been bullied at school. Explain the fact that ex-Brighton players who took him as a young school boy, all said while he can do things on the pitch way beyond his years, if one of the players had a go at him, he'd go into his shell.

I'm not giving names, but someone at the club who would know more about the youth players than anyone, said he was bullied as a youngster, and he has no confidence, and that he still doesn't believe he's good enough to be a professional footballer.

So the little dig CKR had at McGhee regarding Jake, and McGhee's attiude towards him, leads me to believe McGhee's had enough of waiting and is getting frustrated with him, and as soon as Jake picks up on that, like he hasn't already, he'll be f***ed.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Finchley Seagull said:
You are a complete idiot. One comment made by a bitter player who could not be bothered to play for this club. In my view Kazim-Richards is not much better than Leon Knight and comments like this make me hope he fails at Sheffield United.
Well the comment I made wasn't based solely on the quote from CKR, but what I've been told over the past year or two. So maybe your an idiot for thinking someone would make a comment based on what an idiot said when he left the club.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Soton Seagull said:
Do you seriously think he is planning the destruction of our club in terms of delibrately falling out with players? Not a great career move for the man if that's the case!

He's not exactly Souness is he?
No I don't think he's delibrately falling out with players. Why would he go out of his way to fall out with people??? He just cannot communaite with certain types of player. Every team in the world has cocky ****s like Leon and CKR, from Chelsea down to the crapest Sunday league team, but most teams have managers that can handle this type of player.

Last edited:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield

Mr Burns said:

I'm not giving names, but someone at the club who would know more about the youth players than anyone, said he was bullied as a youngster, and he has no confidence, and that he still doesn't believe he's good enough to be a professional footballer.

So the little dig CKR had at McGhee regarding Jake, and McGhee's attiude towards him, leads me to believe McGhee's had enough of waiting and is getting frustrated with him, and as soon as Jake picks up on that, like he hasn't already, he'll be f***ed.

How the hell is he going to make it as a pro footballer if the slightest criticism or poor performance is going to crush his confidence. A player like that will take more man-managment than any club can afford, if he doesn't believe he is good enough, no amount of people will be able to do it for him!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
vulture said:
Just piss off you ginger ****:salute: :salute:

Now now there's no need to get personal. Presumption is the mother of all f*** ups, you assuming I'm ginger is not dissimilar from me assuming your a long necked bird, you're not are you?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Mr Burns said:
Do explain? WHat explain the fact he had been bullied at school. Explain the fact that ex-Brighton players who took him as a young school boy, all said while he can do things on the pitch way beyond his years, if one of the players had a go at him, he'd go into his shell.

So basically you're deciding to pre-empt another problem at the club based on an off-the-cuff remark by a leaving player who obviously has a problem with MM?

D

Deleted member 2719

Finchley Seagull said:
You are a complete idiot. One comment made by a bitter player who could not be bothered to play for this club. In my view Kazim-Richards is not much better than Leon Knight and comments like this make me hope he fails at Sheffield United.

Has he any need to be bitter he has now gone to a Premiership club and probably got quite a wage hike,so why would he be Bitter?

Maybe he thought some truth should come out just like Trolley,and LK did so why anyone would still protect MM i will never understand.

:nono:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jake Robinson Will be McGhee's next target

ATFC Seagull said:
So basically you're deciding to pre-empt another problem at the club based on an off-the-cuff remark by a leaving player who obviously has a problem with MM?
No I'm not. If you bothered to read the posts before trying to be a smartarse, you will be it's not based on CKR's comment.:nono: :nono:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jake Robinson Will be McGhee's next target

Mr Burns said:
No I'm not. If you bothered to read the posts before trying to be a smartarse, you will be it's not based on CKR's comment.:nono: :nono:

Well you're banging on about Jake being bullied and stuff and being a fragile character, and a great talent. I don't know anything to have an opinion, but I accept it could be true about the bullying. I also agree that Jake is potentially a great assett to the club that we should take care of.

But I don't see where you've made the link to MM turning on Robinson, apart from what CKR said.

I just don't understand why, when clearly support/confidence is at a very low ebb, people want to start predicting what more could possibly go wrong before it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here