Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson - not good enough

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Techno said:
I thought he was alright today. Definatly not the worst on the pitch. *cough* O'Caerill *cough*

In Wilkins' f***ing joke of a formation today (Jakey on his own Up Front!!!) he seemed to be playing with his back to goal a lot, holding the ball up and passing backwards and sideways, when we should really be getting someone else to do that, and playing through balls to Jakey for him to run on goal at.

Cox was also upfront

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Jake has the potential to be a good striker - anyone who went to Burnley last season will know the effect he can have on a game. But there's no doubt that he's at rock bottom now, and a spell on the bench could be the answer. To be fair, Tiny Cox is having the same sort of dip, but people's expectations of young players are just way beyond the point of reason.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
seagull4life said:
Revell and Bowditch for Forest, my do we need them desperately!

True, unfortunately we have to play Orient though.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
BensGrandad said:
For the game at Orient I would put 2 from 3 up front Savage, Gatting or Elder and drop JR to the bench as we have perseverred with him and his failure to score for too long.
sorry but savage do me a favour,sunday league player at best

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
FalmerforAll!** said:
Cox was also upfront

Cox was up front but surprise surprise as a winger ended up out on the wing a lot. I think Jake did okay, but needs some experience alongside him. He's a striker in the mould of Kurt Nogan. When confidence is running high he is fab, when its not he will struggle. Still maintain he will be a good quality striker in years to come, but is obviously not the finished article just yet.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Another Dwayne wind-up thread.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
JSD Albion said:
Jake has the potential to be a good striker - anyone who went to Burnley last season will know the effect he can have on a game. But there's no doubt that he's at rock bottom now, and a spell on the bench could be the answer. To be fair, Tiny Cox is having the same sort of dip, but people's expectations of young players are just way beyond the point of reason.
Agreed - Jake has talent that he shown plenty of times. But there are areas of his game that haven't really developed since he broke into the team at 16! He is obviously way out of form right now. Doesn't mean he should be wirtten off.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
BensGrandad said:
Is it pure coincidence that the only time we looked like scoring was when he was on.
we were losing,his touch was crap,couldnt head the ball,of course we are going to have a few attacks,wasnt down to his play

Last edited:

Giraffe said:
Cox was up front but surprise surprise as a winger ended up out on the wing a lot. I think Jake did okay, but needs some experience alongside him. He's a striker in the mould of Kurt Nogan. When confidence is running high he is fab, when its not he will struggle. Still maintain he will be a good quality striker in years to come, but is obviously not the finished article just yet.

He is 21 in October FFS!

Just how much longer do we have to wait for him to be the 'finished article'? He's not a kid any more, he's not a youth any more either.

How many games is it now that he hasn't scored in?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I thought Robinson displayed a few good touches.

Cos was great -- clearly getting frustrated with shit service though.

O'Ceaurill? f***ing awful. He looked left-footed at right back, and then right-footed at left back. Comparing him to Peter Smith is an injustice to Peter Smith,

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Complete Badger said:
Robinson is definitely good enough, he just needs a number of things to go in his favour in order to make an impact, ie the right service. He is shocking at the moment, I agree, and MUST be dropped, but there is more than enough there to work with and even on a bad day he's not our worst striker!

Exactly. He needs a rest - maybe he'd be better coming off the bench to run at some tired legs.

Problem is, who to replace him with!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Nemesis said:
He is 21 in October FFS!

Just how much longer do we have to wait for him to be the 'finished article'? He's not a kid any more, he's not a youth any more either.

How many games is it now that he hasn't scored in?

Darius Henderson got his 1st goal of the season for Watford today and it earned them 3 valuable points! I bet their glad they did'nt write him off. Without Robbo's goals this season we'd be in right big shit so lets cut the boy some slack eh!

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
Last season Jake always looked better when starting a game (imo). When he came of the bench he ran a lot but never a final product...

This year it seems he never has total control of the ball. It always bobbles around in front of him until a, he runs into someone and bottles the challenge or b, he passes to the keeper

British Bulldog said:
Darius Henderson got his 1st goal of the season for Watford today and it earned them 3 valuable points! I bet their glad they did'nt write him off. Without Robbo's goals this season we'd be in right big shit so lets cut the boy some slack eh!

Sorry, but his lack of goals (and his fellow strikers also) have dropped us deep in the shit. They are paid to score goals-if they don't score in 19 games or whatever it is, they should be dropped AND made to put in extra hours training. He has gone beyond the cutting some slack point and has reached the 'needs a serious boot up the backside' stage.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Nemesis said:
Sorry, but his lack of goals (and his fellow strikers also) have dropped us deep in the shit. They are paid to score goals-if they don't score in 19 games or whatever it is, they should be dropped AND made to put in extra hours training. He has gone beyond the cutting some slack point and has reached the 'needs a serious boot up the backside' stage.

Robbo, Revell & Gatting have got summit like 26 goals between them this season so it aint a bad return really considering their experience. Ok they need a kick up the backside at the moment but if any of us said they'd get 30 between them at the start of the season would we have settled for it? Bacause they'll get that at least that by the end of it!

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
British Bulldog said:
Robbo, Revell & Gatting have got summit like 26 goals between them this season so it aint a bad return really considering their experience.

According to club stats

Robinson has 6 league goals (3 in one game)

That means 3 in the remaining 24 apperances.
Not good enough i don't think.

His hot streak came between the Huddersfirld hatrick and the FA cup slaughter of non league opposition

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Stevegull said:

According to club stats

Robinson has 6 league goals (3 in one game)

That means 3 in the remaining 24 apperances.
Not good enough i don't think.

His hot streak came between the Huddersfirld hatrick and the FA cup slaughter of non league opposition

Ok so people like you have proved me wrong in trying to support our strikers so what do you suggest we do then? We've got what we've got so what's your plan for turning them into world beating strikers?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here