Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jake robinson in 1st team squad for middlesbrough?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i say to you jakey robinson seagulls love you more then you will know whoa whoa whoa !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's all good experience for him and also helping him to choose the Albion if any of the other clubs come sniffing around

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oh goody. A chance to sing:

"So here's to you Jakey Robinson"

That'll make his day on his first appearance! :D

I wonder what shirt number he will get. 25? I might get Robinson on my home shirt now. :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Desert Orchid said:
Hopefully not 25 - I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think he wants 10 eventually :)

Ronaldo got Beckhams 7. Give it to the young talent. :cool:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Albionite83 said:
If this is a wind-up, we've got his hopes up for no good reason

So he reads this does he??? :angry:

Gossip keeps boards like this interesting. No need to slag everyone off who offers up bits and pieces. Just because s/he didn't meet SC in a motorway service station to get personally briefed is no reason not to post.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He's already Albion through and through - turning down Palace (how dare they :angry: ) and then scoring against them.

:clap: :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No pressure then son!

"The new Wayne Rooney" it is.

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
i hope he does get a chance tomorrow come on steve give him a go you know you want too:clap2:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Could this be the birth of a new Albion legend? Go Jakey!:clap2: :clap:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Most people say we shouldn't rush him in the 1st team in the 2nd division yet most seem happy to see him play at a premiership side in middlesborough mmmm.???

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
berkshire seagull said:
Most people say we shouldn't rush him in the 1st team in the 2nd division yet most seem happy to see him play at a premiership side in middlesborough mmmm.???

Because it's the Carling Cup & a game where realistically we're not likely to get a result, so it's a good time to give the lad (scary, he's younger that me!) a chance in the first team. Whereas in div 2, every point matters so we want our strongest possible team including subs out there.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
So, it seems , do 'Boro (with acknowledgments to their website):

Boro Full Strength For Brighton Test
=========================

STEVE McCLAREN is set to unleash his big guns on Brighton at the Riverside tomorrow night as he continues to steady the Boro ship.

The manager is taking the newly renamed Carling Cup very seriously and plans to field the majority of the team that beat Everton 1-0 on Sunday.

“It was a massive relief to get that first win on Sunday but we can’t rest on that, we need to follow it up,” he said.

“I’m looking to field a strong team and want to make as few changes as possible and make sure we go into this game with the same attitude as we did on Sunday.

“It’s another important game for us tomorrow in a tournament we want to do well in.” McClaren would love to guide the club to a first ever Millennium Stadium appearance but he knows the high-flying second division side will be no pushovers.

“It won’t be an easy game, they’re second in the league going well at the moment and that breeds confidence,” he said.

“They will come here confident with nothing to lose. I’ve seen them a couple of times and they’re a decent team and doing well so it won’t be an easy game for us."Last season a depleted Boro lost to Ipswich as a hectic fixture schedule took its toll. The trip to Suffolk came 48 hours after a derby at Newcastle and just three days before a game with championship-chasing Liverpool.

“Unfortunately we had to field a weakened side and I thought it was stupid how the fixtures fell,” said McClaren. As well as being keen to put a decent cup run together, McClaren is also keen to consolidate Sunday’s win, with consistency and continuity the keywords this week.

“It’s something we’ve not had in the first six games,” he said.

“Sunday’s game was won in the first half and we showed character in the second.

“Now we’re looking at performance and making sure we have the same tremendous attitude and will to win throughout the 90 minutes of every game from the players.

“It was a ‘do whatever it takes to win’ performance and we need to go into every game now like that.” McClaren will again be without calf injury victim Gaizka Mendieta - who is also a doubt for Saturday's trip to Southampton - but otherwise there were no new injuries to report.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It is a sensible decision to include Jake in the squad. It'll give him valuable experience of what it's like to be in the first team, hopefully the trip to a Premier League ground will whet his appetite for more. and encourage him to put the effort in to get more of it. Good luck to him.

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Couldn't agree more CO. If he's as good as people say then we need to groom him into a mature young player - the best way to do that is to involve him in the team and make him feel like he really is one of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here