Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jake robinson in 1st team squad for middlesbrough?

St.George

Sep 19, 2003
BN25 1TH
right first of all hi everyone. :wave:

i know i have a low post count but that because i only registered the other day, i also am only typing what ive heard! my step-mum works with jake robinsons dad and has just been told he is in the first team for the middlesbrough game! i am simply typing what ive been told in a text message 10 minutes ago.

good for him though if it is true! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
can't actually see him making the team but if he's as good as you all say it should be great experience for him to be in the squad.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well if McPhee is starting we need another striker on the bench. Who would you rather have young Jake or Dave Lee.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jake, but then I'd rather have Steve Coppell on the bench than Dave "most pointless signing ever" Lee.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The official site seems to point to Piercy being the only change to the squad for wednesday with McPhee starting upfront with Leon and Piercy on the bench replacing henderson.

No mention of Jake.

St.George

Sep 19, 2003
BN25 1TH
tinx said:
The official site seems to point to Piercy being the only change to the squad for wednesday with McPhee starting upfront with Leon and Piercy on the bench replacing henderson.

No mention of Jake.
well i hope he is, but i am only typing what ive been told!

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Argus mentions Piercy has been added to the squad, but doesn't mention Jake so it doesn't look like he's in the squad for this one. But his time will come - hopefully quite soon :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My brother-in-law's dog had hear that SG was keen to get him in the first team at some stage

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
St.George's info is pretty accurate.

Jake has been under serious consideration for a place on the bench tomorrow night. Piercy is favourite, but...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its only fair we put our reserves in. Middlesbrough will probably give their substitute Juninho a run out as it is only a Cup game, not the Premier League.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
I'm all for giving youngsters a chance but don't think he should be fastracked into the team for the sake of it. Let him develop into quality striker we know he'll be, without putting him under unnecessary pressure.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
...He's in ....

Robinson's in the squad- confirmed.

Spot on St George/RLZ

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: ...He's in ....

Rowdey said:
Robinson's in the squad- confirmed.

Spot on St George/RLZ

Well done

It would be great for the youngster to have the last 20 mins or so.

A nice stadium to make your debut in.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
:clap: Excellent I can,t wait like a lot of you I have heard all good things about Jake but have never seen him play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here