Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jake Daniels well done

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No need to take offence and outrage .. No intended offence is In there

Just better for the kid it wasn’t us .

I’m not sure why coming out in one of the most tolerant and supportive cities in the world would have been a negative for him or the city.

Genuine question, what do you mean?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My guess is that he thinks we’d get more homophobic abuse.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What possessed you? We need less social media in our lives, not more Veg Box! Burn all your devices and go for a gentle country stroll instead, your mental health will thank you, and on your death bed you’ll certainly not regret not having spent more time on social media.

I gave up World Of Warships and World of Tanks soon after the start of the invasion of Ukraine...Twatter can be very informative.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm shocked to hear that Blackpool are in the Championship...Last I heard they had been relegated to League two

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I desperately wish that in 2022 this wasn't news-worthy, but we are where we are.

I wish him nothing but the best, and genuinely hope that this is a hugely positive moment for him personally first and foremost (speaking from experience it will be a massive weight off his mind), and for football in this country.

Agree totally. However I must admit when I saw the thread title I thought it was about cooking with a well known whiskey! :facepalm:
Time for my annual eye check up!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61492696

Hmm. Palace's Kouyate supposedly supporting a homophobe.

I have absolutely no sympathy for dumbass religious homophobes and that would include any who play for us. If you're religion isn't tolerant - get yourselves a better one.

I have posted on another thread about the players supporting this homophobe wondering what would happen if their clubs ( watford and cp at the mo ) were to draw blackpool in a cup match or play them in the league , would they refuse to play and if they did what action would their clubs take ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61492696

Hmm. Palace's Kouyate supposedly supporting a homophobe.

I have absolutely no sympathy for dumbass religious homophobes and that would include any who play for us. If you're religion isn't tolerant - get yourselves a better one.

Agree.

But there is a problem here. The one none are comfortable discussing.

The player concerned will have the backing of his nation and the private backing of many who choose to stay quiet.

We are happy that these statements are being made, millions aren't.

At what stage does diversity and inclusion become conflict and exclusion ?

All the while people have different concepts of right and wrong there will be conflict.

So I actually support him. He has the right to object in the name of freedom of expression, and I have the right to think his beliefs are backward and corrosive to decent humanity.

There isn't any common ground here, as we are refusing to admit in parts of our society.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Agree.

The player concerned will have the backing of his nation and the private backing of many who choose to stay quiet.

All the while people have different concepts of right and wrong there will be conflict.

So I actually support him. He has the right to object in the name of freedom of expression, and I have the right to think his beliefs are backward and corrosive to decent humanity.

There isn't any common ground here, as we are refusing to admit in parts of our society.

Interesting post , made me stop and think a bit , after all it is really not that long ago that gay men in this country were treated as criminals and sent to prison . However maybe he should accept that the country he is working in and where he is earning his money has laws and tolerences that while he does not agree with he should at least show some respect for ? If the club or the french football association would look to fine him i bet he would pretty soon be crying out that he was being victimised !

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Incredibly brave for a 17 year-old to come out.

If other players are citing their moral throne of “religion” as making them unable to accept the sexuality of players who are helping to change society in a positive way, they should take a good look at the fundamental principles of that religion. In 2022, it’s quite astonishing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agree.

I'm happy to discuss it and agree there is rampant hypocrisy from those who consider themselves enlightened. However, equality in certain areas is defined by law, not by opinion.

In any case. I don't think I could support anyone (in the name of freedom of expression) who starts throwing terms like "real man" around in that context.

Neither will his employee who are bound by legalisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here