Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jailed after racist abuse at Albion vs Spurs game

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Don’t they get internet access in prison? I have no idea.

No. Phone calls (recordable), letters, limited telly. Newspapers and that is about it. If internet available in their libraries then severely restricted too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's a nice irony that he was sentenced by Judge van der Zwart - zwart is Dutch for black

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It is such a poor show when a fellow lack the courage to stand up for his sincerely held views, especially given his claims of supporting other fellows who 'say it like it is'. Very poor indeed. Gutless, in fact....:shrug:

I think we must be talking about two different people as the [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] I'm talking about always stood up for himself and made sure nobody 'took the piss' out of BHA.

The sad individual you're talking about sounds nothing like the one I have seen posting on NSC in the last few years ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we must be talking about two different people as the [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] I'm talking about always stood up for himself and made sure nobody 'took the piss' out of BHA.

The sad individual you're talking about sounds nothing like the one I have seen posting on NSC in the last few years ???

:lolol:

Horns of a dilemma, eh?

What's the point of coming on a forum, boasting about how you stood up for what you stand up for, and then being afraid to stand up for what you stood for? That must be awful. Fear, like that. :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm quite sad that one of the early convictions entails a Brighton fan. Largely because fans of Brighton are one of the most tolerant when it comes to Race and Homophobic issues.

That said I truly welcome this verdict because I hope that it sets a precedent of more convictions throughout the country in an attempt to take the issue more seriously

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can't believe after all this time, people have still not learnt the John Terry lesson. Keep it simple. Just belt out 'fukken kunnt'.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I've sat/stood near enough behind that lad since the day the Amex opened in the North Satnd . From a fresh faced youngster to a chubbier-cheeked (racist) adult.

Can't say I've ever heard him utter racist comments over the years (admittedly I missed the home game vs Spurs) but what an idiot for what he's done. Messed himself up long-term, forever, with his actions.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm quite sad that one of the early convictions entails a Brighton fan. Largely because fans of Brighton are one of the most tolerant when it comes to Race and Homophobic issues.

That said I truly welcome this verdict because I hope that it sets a precedent of more convictions throughout the country in an attempt to take the issue more seriously

I think it speaks very well of those Brighton fans who were willing to say 'This is unacceptable.' This kind of thing has gone on for decades in football partly because people would not speak against 'their own'.. I suspect it is still going on at grounds throughout the country and hopefully this will send the message that, at The Amex, we won't stand by whilst it happens. It's up to all of us fans to call it out and I'm quite proud that some of our fans were willing to step up and show that we are people first and partisan football fans second.

Thank you to those that spoke out.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Hopefully he’ll use this as an opportunity to rethink his life and turn things around for himself.

He’s 24 so plenty of time to change.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Good job he didn't call anyone a c*nt though..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm guessing that [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] will be REALLY upset that someone actually had the conviction to say what they think, rather than post a video saying it ???

I'm surprised he hasn't been calling everybody who posted the persons name on here a GRASS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here