Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbaksh as Striker?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
To be fair, those are pretty decent options. Just need a target man style striker for when we want to go a bit more direct.

For the amount of times Potter will actually go that way, it might as well be Gyokeres.

Murray was left on the bench when we were 3-1 down at Bournemouth.
I was amazed he was offered a new contract after that.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Thought he was brilliant yesterday, not just for the goal but for the general way he went about his work. I've always suspected it's a confidence thing with him.

Maybe he's better when there's no crowd?

Or when his name is pronounced Jackan-BATCH, as the commentators did last night?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
It seems clear to me that AJ is a player who needs self confidence and gets that by growing into games so if GP is going to use hom he needs extended game time. I know its a risk to play him Sunday after Thursday but it could be he's on a high that will get him through the game. I dont think he can play every game but then who does under GP. I agree he is not a no9 but he could be a great no10 or deployed on the right with licence to roam which he clearly had last night.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I actually thought the cross for the goal was his most skilled moment. He didn't just put the ball into the box in hope someone gets on the end of it, he timed and weighted the cross perfectly. It showed real quality.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Time and again his passing was crisp and accurate, and he can hit a shot! Also seems a really nice guy which is a bonus.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I actually thought the cross for the goal was his most skilled moment. He didn't just put the ball into the box in hope someone gets on the end of it, he timed and weighted the cross perfectly. It showed real quality.

This. A player who can cross and score is a valuable asset.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
could be confidence as didnt think started well with mis placed passes but had a moment where it went for him and then he got better and better.

Give him another go at Preston and see if he can boss it against better opposition.

Hope he can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here