Jackson to produce the Hobbit

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As Jackson owns Weta, I think it's a pretty sure thing that theyll do the props etc.

The only thing I am concerned about is he's only there as an executive producer, not as a director as yet. With him doing Tintin / The lovely bones etc - will he have enough time to direct? I sure hope he does, or someone else who worked on the movies - like Fran Walsh, who directed a lot of the softer scenes.
That's exactly why he is almost certainly not directing. These films are due for 2010 and 2011 so he wouldn't have time. But it's still great that he's involved, presumably meaning it will continue in the same spirit and look of the LOTR films, have some of the same cast, some of the same sets, be in #New Zeland etc.

Which is why it was so important that Jackson won the rights because it won't be. Means Weta will do the props etc and make it look as dark as Lord of the Rings. The real treat will be because they're doing 2 films. That's not because they're splitting a small book (theHobbit) into 2 films. But because Jackson's going to do 1 film about other events in Middle Earth on the periphery of the book for which Tolkein never wrote an actual story book, just jottings. So we all get to see a new bit of Middle earth's historyas envisaged by Mr King Kong himself. Should be good!
I've read that in some places, however it is not really 'official' that that is the case as far as I can tell. Personally I hope it is two films based on The Hobbit (there is plenty of material, it's not that short!), with other stuff filling in the gaps, like where Gandalf goes etc, which would link it in to LOTR a bit more, without taking liberties or making stuff up.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Looks like Jackson might be DIRECTING the Hobbit now.

Anyway, the World Cup has come to Middle Earth!

[yt]7B2LPxggvqY[/yt]

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Boys, there's a time and a place for discussing this. But not in the wake of y'day. Unless you want to make comparisons e.g. England play like a bunch of Gollums.... :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here