Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jackson Dermatologist

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To get off the other subject of debate about the man, very interesting interview on Larry King Live with Jacksons Dermatologist, the one rumoured (I think) to be the children's father.

Here's one clip, you'll have to fish around for the others.

YouTube - Larry King Live ( Michael Jackon's Personal Dermatolgist Speaks Out )--7-8-09.

Comes across quite sincerely to be honest, as opposed to whatever else you find on the web about him.

I've never been convinced Jackson bleached his skin. If skin whitening like that was avaliable, they'd be other examples of it wouldn't there ?

Explains his conditions and that the only route available was to lighten the black patches of his skin that remained etc...

Found this quite interesting anyway....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I may be wrong, but didn't Chris Whyte, the ex-Leeds centre half suffer from something similar, getting lighter patches of skin.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
What gets me is why didnt MJ wheel this guy out years ago, when he started getting it in the neck about his colour change. God knows who did MJs PR but IMO he wasnt very good was he?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
For some reason at first glance I read this as 'Jackson Taxidermist' and I thought that he was going on tour after all.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
clapham you seem like a closet jackson fan

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
İbrahim Tatlıses;3029134 said:
As a Jackson fan, I always assumed he bleached his skin to "even out" the vitiligo.

Which is what?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It is quite common in asia and india. White skin is considered more attractive, and most tv channels advertise skin bleaching services all the time.

True. There's some horrendous adverts in places as far afield as Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh for bleaching agents to whiten the skin. I saw a documentary a while back about some women in the UK that were trying to outlaw skin bleaching creams.

I always reckoned Yazz did hers.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
..and another reason why I reckon that Jackson DID bleach his skin is the fact that he got rid of his black man's nose as soon as he could and his hair wasn't exactly afro either.

Nah, sorry Clapham. I reckon it was all over skin whitening from a bottle.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is quite common in asia and india. White skin is considered more attractive, and most tv channels advertise skin bleaching services all the time.

Not really to the level though, to the extent the skins becomes translucent.

Also suffering it appears from a rare auto-immune disease, which according to reports may have led to hair loss.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
..and another reason why I reckon that Jackson DID bleach his skin is the fact that he got rid of his black man's nose as soon as he could and his hair wasn't exactly afro either.

Nah, sorry Clapham. I reckon it was all over skin whitening from a bottle.

Well I not trying to defend him or his cranky uber fans who wouldn't have believed a word of this a few years ago.

I'm just convinced it's possible to bleach your skin to that extent. During the Thriller years his "natural" skin colouring looked a bit strange. I'm quite convinced by the reports that he was starting to loose the pigment and was covering the white areas with make up.

I think it's justs add to the general madness surrounding him. Need to look like Diana Ross, worsening skin disease and hair loss. Terrible drug habit, sharing his bed with young boys etc.. etc.. etc...

The other thing that leads to believe that he was suffering from vitaligo was the fact I saw a women round here who had also lost all the colour from here face. A complete lack of pigment, similiar to Jackson.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not really to the level though, to the extent the skins becomes translucent.

Also suffering it appears from a rare auto-immune disease, which according to reports may have led to hair loss.

That's true. Could have also been make-up though on Jacko's part. Did you know, by the way, that albinism is something like 10 times more common amongst black people than whites? I used to live in S Africa and apart from the dangers of the sun to them, Crikey did they get grief.

Notable albinos include reggae legend, Yellowman. Might dig out some of his stuff tonight.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i used to see a bloke round old kent rd who was clearly african but was whiter skinned than me. so there might be some truth. however, i think thats albino which is a genetic thing and none of his siblings have apparently been affected. so no, i think he bleached his skin as he didnt want to be black. far easier for him to have darkened his skin if it was "blotchy" as claimed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That's true. Could have also been make-up though on Jacko's part. Did you know, by the way, that albinism is something like 10 times more common amongst black people than whites? I used to live in S Africa and apart from the dangers of the sun to them, Crikey did they get grief.

Notable albinos include reggae legend, Yellowman. Might dig out some of his stuff tonight.

When Yellowman first performed at talent contests he would often be jeered by the crowd with shouts of " Get off Dundus !" Dundus being patios for Albino.

That man was a legend to come through what he did in a highly prejudiced society and turn it all on it's head by achieving stardom. Even his ugly appearance he turned around into holding himself up as Jamaica's Mr. Sexy with all his slack lyrics.

Winston Foster :bowdown:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
An appropriate song from the great Yellowman on this thread me thinks.

[yt]Dk8C9_xuhj8[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here