Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wilshere - World Cup Wildcard?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Just watching Arsenal vs Rangers and this guy is immense, he's only 17 and he's left footed. Looks a certainty to be called up to the U-21's this season.

Say he gets a fair few games this coming season and some U-21 experience, is it to far fetched to think we could take him to South Africa next summer?

Or am I clutching at straws? I know we gave Walcott a big build up but for me Wilshere looks like the better prospect!

Any thoughts?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He is VERY good.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is absolutely brilliant, but I'm not sure he'd look as good in the Premier League yet, where he wouldn't get the time and the space. But he's clearly a brilliant player and he is clearly someone who will be a huge player for England for years, by 18 he'll probably be a regular fixture in the team, I wouldn't be suprised if he goes onto win 100 caps. Technically brilliant, and a leftie!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I saw a bit of him last season and he reminds me of Messi. If he gets enough games this season at the Arse he could well make the squad for South Africa.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I think he needs to go on loan to a Premier League team for this season to prove what qualities he has rather than doing it for Arsenal's reserve team.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd like him to go on loan to a League One team called Brighton for this season to prove what qualities he has rather than doing it for Arsenal's reserve team.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
i saw an interview with him on SSN, as much as i think he's a great player, jeeeesus, when he speaks he makes agbonlahor sound like a f***ing poet.
who gives a shit when you hear rumours about a loan spell down south

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
trouble is, will wenger play him regularly enough to warrant a world cup place? he doesnt chuck players in too early generally, as walcott is testament to - but wilshere looks a different class. if he gets a run of games and isnt too burned out, then its not too farfetched to think he might go

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Went today (god can only hope Falmer has that sort of leg room and the seats...) and he was superb, few years when he has bulked up a bit will be awesome. Can't see him going to the world cup because he won't be a regular in the Arsenal team lots of sub appearances + starting in both cups. Looks like Arsenal could supply the left side of the England team in future with Gibbs at left back and Wilshere ahead of him (or will he be a Messi and up left footed on the right and cutting in?)

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
He's already better than Walcott and I'd certainly put him ahead of Lennon/Bentley/Wright-Phillips even at this stage.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
if he does want to get in the squad then has to play at least 30 - 40 games, Capello only really picks players thast are in form and playing every week. I cant see Wenger picking him that much this season especially in the premiership, might get a few goes from off the bench, i think Euro 2012 is more likely

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
2006– England U16 03 games (0 goals)
2007– England U17 08 games (2 goals)
2009– England U19 01 game (0 goals)

Hmm. Suprised it's not more.

EDIT: not that I know how often they play.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So he's better than Walcott and SWP, the next Messi and will should play in the next world cup. Based on some friendly games. I love English football fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here