Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No 63 (19/3/10).

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A joy to behold on such a shitty day (weather wise). Legendary work again JS! :clap:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Im sorry mate,it is a brilliant photo and it has been shown to a lot of my work colleagues who were all impressed with how well the West Stand was progressing,but also the high quality photography.
JS's East Stand photo like yours will also be shown to them but the reason im using it as my new background is that it looks like a stand and not so much a building project. :thumbsup:

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Batch 3, pic one, I am LOVING that dual-stairway. Obviously the ones going up are for getting to our seats before the game, and the ones coming down are for leaving afterwards. Bloody MARVELLOUS!

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Great to see that the west stand has reached the half way point (players tunnell). Love the pre cast steps that they have put in at the begining of the west stand. If they are all pre made, cant see it taking to long to kit the whole stand out.

Brill pics and i cant believe how much it is changing week by week.

I lurrvvee Fridays :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Im sorry mate,it is a brilliant photo and it has been shown to a lot of my work colleagues who were all impressed with how well the West Stand was progressing,but also the high quality photography.
JS's East Stand photo like yours will also be shown to them but the reason im using it as my new background is that it looks like a stand and not so much a building project. :thumbsup:

No probs.
You'll probably be changing your wallpaper every week anyway.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Picture 4, OMG, awesome!

Brilliant work, once again.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks Graeme-it's great to see work being carried out on the FOUR stands that make up our identikit stadium.

Your challenge (pretty soon by the looks of it) will be to find places to take photos that don't have a bloody big stand in the way. Nice problem to have isn't it?

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Is that a gantry (sp) for camera men etc that has just gone under the east stand roof ?

A "gantry"....hmmmm!!! :love:

Thinking back to the Goldstone, I can't recall there being a purpose built gantry? We had the scaffold tower in the middle of the East Stand (& sometimes didn't we have a little version set up behind the North Stand goal?). But not a proper, bona fide, slung from the underside of a ROOF gantry.

Can anyone confirm or deny this potentially ground-breaking advancement in BHA stadium / televisual technological fusion ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A "gantry"....hmmmm!!! :love:

Thinking back to the Goldstone, I can't recall there being a purpose built gantry? We had the scaffold tower in the middle of the East Stand (& sometimes didn't we have a little version set up behind the North Stand goal?). But not a proper, bona fide, slung from the underside of a ROOF gantry.

Can anyone confirm or deny this potentially ground-breaking advancement in BHA stadium / televisual technological fusion ???

I used to love the temporary gantry in the North, the camera men used to get so much grief

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Good action Jack, I thought I may catch you as I passed on me way back from Uni today; alas not! I'm a bit concerned as to the where abouts of the rest of the crane from pic 3 first batch!! Graeme, I work at Falmer High school and I'm not sure if you're aware but on the south side of the track they are laying the water main pipes along the length of the playing field, maybe an an area not yet covered!! Hope you are well.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Good action Jack, I thought I may catch you as I passed on me way back from Uni today; alas not! I'm a bit concerned as to the where abouts of the rest of the crane from pic 3 first batch!! Graeme, I work at Falmer High school and I'm not sure if you're aware but on the south side of the track they are laying the water main pipes along the length of the playing field, maybe an an area not yet covered!! Hope you are well.

I'll try and do the Stanmer road works next week, so I'll have a look at Falmer School too.
Thanks for the tip.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Top performance in difficult conditions

Noticed the humun gus crane that lifted the arch has been dismantled farewell humun gus crane :wave:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
True Dedication to the cause being out in that weather yesterday.

As Everest referred to in the video thread, its a shame when the weather is poor not only because it makes being out there pretty shite, but everything looks even better in lovely sunlight.

Hopefully it will continue to get warmer and brighter over the next few months :thumbsup:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fantastic photos and the dream is becoming more real day by day.:wave:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
After our fine away win today, i was just looking at this beautiful set of photos taken by Sir Jack yesterday.
I just had to bounce this thread so you could all have a second look at them and see how well things are going for us at the moment.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Love these updates but today I completed my pilgrimage by taking the whole family for a quick trip to Falmer. I have to say much as I love the photos seeing it in the flesh was quite a shock - the size of the place is simply awesome even the wife was mildy impressed and that takes a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here