Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
good work, keep it up !

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Still finding it hard to believe. I'll have to venture past some day soon and have a look. Very exciting.

Is this picture of where the pitch will be or part of the widening of the roads to we know?

Widening of the roads I believe. Construction on the stadium doesn't start until April. (I think)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That's one BLOODY wide road then, possibly the widest road in the entire world :lol:

It's the start of the 6-lane motorway which will eventually plough through the village:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's the start of the 6-lane motorway which will eventually plough through the village:thumbsup:

They made enough fuss when the road was made into four lanes. Cutting the village in half etc. I wonder how many residents are still in the village from those days? :falmer:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Widening of the roads I believe. Construction on the stadium doesn't start until April. (I think)

Correct, they can't start on the actual stadium building until the planning application has been approved (and no I don't know exactly when the planning committee are meeting, but I believe it is in the next month or so). In any case the road has to be widened in order to properly access the actual stadium building site.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Correct, they can't start on the actual stadium building until the planning application has been approved (and no I don't know exactly when the planning committee are meeting, but I believe it is in the next month or so). In any case the road has to be widened in order to properly access the actual stadium building site.

Supposed to be April the 1st 2009 we can start that there work

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008

True, but the pictures do suggest that there's a lot of levelling work being done around the site. Also some groundwork (I think) on what will be the coach park which will be accessed from the beginning of the widened Village Way. 'citing innit.

B&HCC Planning Committee meetings are held every three weeks on Wednesdays at 2pm at the Council Chamber in Hove Town Hall.

14 January 2009
4 February 2009
25 February 2009
18 March 2009
8 April 2009
29 April 2009
20 May 2009

The due decision date for the Falmer application (2008/02732) is currently listed as 9th February 2009 but this can go back (as did the Stanmer Park access road application three times). As LB has already reported (see Falmer Sticky) the application is NOT on the agenda for the 14th January meeting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is probably the widening of the road that I told everybody on here in summer of 2002 a customer of mine, in my pub in BH told me he had been out surveying ready for Gambles and was told it was all bollox because Gambles hadnt been given the contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here