Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No 33B (7/8/09)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Brilliant work again;the last picture for me has been the best photo you have taken by far and you have taken many good ones.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Brilliant work again;the last picture for me has been the best photo you have taken by far and you have taken many good ones.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the last photo.
I was speaking to the man on the gate, and suddenly noticed that if I zoomed in, it could be quite a good shot.
I balanced on the very top of the step-ladder baffling people, as it was right in front of the open double gates, but the extra little bit of height was crucial.
So, this one or the "Poppy Lorry" shot as best so far?

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Seem's amazing to think that stand on it's own will hold more than Withdean,:eek:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Seem's amazing to think that stand on it's own will hold more than Withdean,:eek:

Almost. This stand, (east) I believe will hold 5,400.
That is Withdean's south stand, (4,500) and away end, (900).
The west stand will hold over 11,000, which is the whole of Withdean, plus 2 away ends!
Behind each goal will be the same as 2 away ends.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WTF is a REMF footy match??

If it involves me doing very little, surrounded by cheap beer and nymphomaniacly obsessed Brighton females then keep me a seat :thumbsup:

REMF stands for the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund.
Robert Eaton was an Albion fan who tragically died in the World Trade Center on 9/11. Thanks to some outstanding work from some NSC-ers, in particular Uncle Spielberg, an annual charity match is played in his memory between Albion fans and some legendary ex-Albion players against a Palace fans XI.

The proceeds from these matches (and various other events held in the name of the REMF) are donated to childrens football academys in New York, Africa and Sussex to help pay for equipment, kits etc. Hopefully the REMF will soon be staging ita annual fixture in that stadium you are so kindly building for us right now.

:thumbsup:

REMF stands for the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund.
Robert Eaton was an Albion fan who tragically died in the World Trade Center on 9/11. Thanks to some outstanding work from some NSC-ers, in particular Uncle Spielberg, an annual charity match is played in his memory between Albion fans and some legendary ex-Albion players against a Palace fans XI.

The proceeds from these matches (and various other events held in the name of the REMF) are donated to childrens football academys in New York, Africa and Sussex to help pay for equipment, kits etc. Hopefully the REMF will soon be staging ita annual fixture in that stadium you are so kindly building for us right now.

:thumbsup:

:bowdown:

A worthy cause indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here