Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No 22 (15/5/09).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I love these weekly threads. They warm my heart they do. If prizes were given(and accepted) for such things, thern Jack Straw gets my vote for poster of the year.

Nice work barrr aswell.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As much as we all enjoy JS's work showing us the weekly progress spare a thought for Melanie Cuntrest, DeVagi and that parasitic slug Norman Baker. They get daily reminders that all of their nonsense was futile and there will be a shiny new stadium in their neighbourhood real soon. That makes me almost as happy as seeing the progress.

Top work JS and Barry. Thanks guys-those of us outside Sussex appreciate your updates.

Where's the big sign proclaiming "New Home of Brighton and Hove Albion"? Surely it's time now?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Where's the big sign proclaiming "New Home of Brighton and Hove Albion"? Surely it's time now?

Couldn't it be done via the medium of lasers projected into the sky over The Twin Villages during the hours of darkness, seven days a week? Just a thought.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
For the time being, I imagine the tarmac area will be for the site compound - material storage, staff accommodation, etc.

The tarmac is being taken up to coach park level. The hole in picture 3 is now down to pitch level and you can begin to see the shape of the pitch. Picture is taken from behind south goal.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The tarmac is being taken up to coach park level. The hole in picture 3 is now down to pitch level and you can begin to see the shape of the pitch. Picture is taken from behind south goal.

Fascinating - maybe it's impossible to tell but is the chalky ridge being worked on by the digger in pic 3 roughly in line with the touchline? :clap2::clap2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great photo's.....these will surely become a book of the future. Thankyou JS for keeping all us out-of-towners up to speed.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Superb as always - great contribution by both.

That pile of chalk on the edge of the railway is pretty high now - I imagine that the ground may well be nestled gently into the downs from one side, but from the raod side I think it could loom a bit - which is fine by me!!

Top work JS as usual. Still awaiting the steel though!

In the last picture there are cleary FOUR people on site (not including JS!) - Is that why its going to take 2 years to build it?!?!

A mate of mine said that apparently there will be up to 450 workmen on site once it gets started proper!!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Very much appreciate your time and efforts JS,when the ground is complete in 2011 and they start selling framed aerial photos of the new ground in the club shop, it would be a nice touch if the good folk of NSC had a whip round and bought you one as a show of gratitude.:falmer:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Thanks for the pictures JS and for the Vids Barry.

It is really happening :)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well done J.S good work....still can't understand that postage stamp sized piece of green field that has been left ??

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

From what they said about moving the earth and chalk, I thought the hole would end up deeper than it actually is. If the flat areas are going to be the concourse then the west stand is going to look bloody massive :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here