Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No 18 (17/4/09).

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
whatever happened to the bridge and teletubby type office building on the east side of the stadium???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the truly frightening thing is that it really doesn't seem so long ago!

At the time we were 22nd in the table with 42 points from 42 games and still 4 points adrift of safety.
How times change!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What the f*** is that on the left side of the stadium? And why hasn't it been built?

I've noticed this on the original designs before but never decided to ask.

Something to do with a Learning Centre which they were going to have externally from the stadium, but after sections of the stadium internally were redesigned to comply with changes in the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), they scrapped the external learning centre and hamster pipe, freed up some space, and incorporated it inside the stadium instead.

I'm glad we didn't go for those grass roofs now in hindsight. That would have looked a bid ODDBALL.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Something to do with a Learning Centre which they were going to have externally from the stadium, but after sections of the stadium internally were redesigned to comply with changes in the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), they scrapped the external learning centre and hamster pipe, freed up some space, and incorporated it inside the stadium instead.

public sector funding for the learning centre element, which was a joint project with AITC and Brighton College I think, was withdrawn as a result of government spending cuts to the education building programme in the summer of 2009

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
public sector funding for the learning centre element, which was a joint project with AITC and Brighton College I think, was withdrawn as a result of government spending cuts to the education building programme in the summer of 2009

Ahh ok.
I know they did have to do quite a few alterations to the internal design of the stadium for DDA compliance since the original plans were granted, thought that was linked with the Learning Centre re-think as well. Funding cuts sounds about right though.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ahh ok.
I know they did have to do quite a few alterations to the internal design of the stadium for DDA compliance since the original plans were granted, thought that was linked with the Learning Centre re-think as well. Funding cuts sounds about right though.

Shame, it looks awesome!

I agree about the grass roofs, would have looked absolutely gash.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oddly, that Tellytubby learning centre seems to be behind the "wrong side" of the stadium in that picture. They've got it behind the East stand, when in fact its the West stand that has the large mass of land build-up behind it that would have presumably housed that additional building.

Unless they were going to just build it from scratch behind the East and completely level it behind the West ? I dunno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here